• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

We all like to eat, right?

Started by PhantasticSanShiSan, August 01, 2008, 02:44:39 PM

ShayP

Hey Grimace.  I'm getting the impression that you like Nutella.  I dunno....just a feeling I have.  I can honestly say that I have tried Nutella maybe twice in my life.  I see it on the shelves and I remember they dropped Kobe Bryant as a spokesman due to his alleged rape case.  I digress.  I am a fan of Marmite though.  I use it as an ingredient in cooking more than a spread, but I do enjoy it on bagles and english muffins.

McPhallus

I've developed a taste for Spam sandwiches lately.  Say what you will about it, that it's fattening, antiquated, whatever.  Spam sandwiches with mayo is good shit.

McPhallus

Quote from: analog kid on August 09, 2012, 10:35:03 AM
It's called "Ole Smoky." Here's a pic showing how much I consumed.

I bought a bottle of that Sam's Club a while back, the version where the bottle comes loaded with cherries.  Took me a couple of weeks to get through the bottle.

ShayP

Quote from: McPhallus on August 13, 2012, 04:50:11 PM
I've developed a taste for Spam sandwiches lately.  Say what you will about it, that it's fattening, antiquated, whatever.  Spam sandwiches with mayo is good shit.

Nothin' wrong with that.  Do you heat the Spam or eat it cold or both? 

Oh yeah....Scrapple.  I love it.  I'm assuming it may be a regional thing.  Reminds me of Spam but less 'hammy.'

CoastCanuck

This dish may be a Canadian thing...  it's called 'Poutine'.  It's French fries with hot gravy and cheese chunks on it... the hot gravy and fries melt the cheese.  Lots of calories, but you have the essential food groups, lol.
BTW, when junior Bush was campaigning in 2000 for the presidency, he was criticized for not knowing international issues.  A Canadian comedy show confronted Bush, pretending they were legitimate reporters from Canada, and said Prime Minister Poutine sends his regards.  Bush thanked them, not knowing he was fooled and there was no such person.  That clip received lots of air time up here.

ShayP

Quote from: CoastCanuck on August 13, 2012, 06:25:25 PM
This dish may be a Canadian thing...  it's called 'Poutine'.  It's French fries with hot gravy and cheese chunks on it... the hot gravy and fries melt the cheese.  Lots of calories, but you have the essential food groups, lol.
BTW, when junior Bush was campaigning in 2000 for the presidency, he was criticized for not knowing international issues.  A Canadian comedy show confronted Bush, pretending they were legitimate reporters from Canada, and said Prime Minister Poutine sends his regards.  Bush thanked them, not knowing he was fooled and there was no such person.  That clip received lots of air time up here.

That story regarding Bush is hilarious.  And yes, I have heard of Poutine and I find it awesome!  Back when I lived in Pittsburgh, PA there was a place that served the best french fries topped with brown gravy.  Actually there were a bunch, but this one was special.  Something so simple yet sooo good.

analog kid

Poutine looks scrumptious. I can't get "cheese curds" in my area of the US though, and I'm not quite sure what that is, either. I'd also like to find the right brown gravy for authenticity. "Brown gravy" can mean a lot of things here in Louisiana.

ShayP

Quote from: analog kid on August 13, 2012, 07:06:51 PM
Poutine looks scrumptious. I can't get "cheese curds" in my area of the US though, and I'm not quite sure what that is, either. I'd also like to find the right brown gravy for authenticity. "Brown gravy" can mean a lot of things here in Louisiana.

If you make pot roast with the carrots and stuff in the croak pot (or whatever you use)...or if a restaurant does that stuff....that's what you need.  If at home, thicken them juices with a roux.  :D  You'll be good to go.

analog kid

Quote from: ShayP on August 13, 2012, 07:20:04 PM
If you make pot roast with the carrots and stuff in the croak pot (or whatever you use)...or if a restaurant does that stuff....that's what you need.  If at home, thicken them juices with a roux.  :D  You'll be good to go.

Sounds good. Believe I'll try it tomorrow.

McPhallus

Quote from: ShayP on August 13, 2012, 05:01:29 PM
Nothin' wrong with that.  Do you heat the Spam or eat it cold or both? 

Oh yeah....Scrapple.  I love it.  I'm assuming it may be a regional thing.  Reminds me of Spam but less 'hammy.'

Grilled all the way.  Don't have the guts try it raw, though.  Ack!

The grilled deli trio sandwich at Jack in the Box has become an addiction and it will take an intervention to stop me.

But since no one is physically here to stop me, I will continue to run amok.

It's obviously a gateway sandwich, because I am considering trying the Turkey Bacon Cheddar.

[attachimg=1]

Juan

Chili cheese fries seem to be a favorite around here.  Sometimes with added jalapenos.

analog kid

Quote from: MV on August 20, 2012, 11:32:08 PM
i love ramen noodles.

Ramen, with the flavor packet added, and doused in this:

Delicious.

Made some Poutine. It was great, but my preparation needs some work.

ziznak

I personally like my ramen in about 1/4 the recommended water for broth with a full packet. The packet is added to the strained noodles and then combined with water for broth in that order.  From time to time I can still do the full on strained noodles with a full packet no broth.  These days ramen is a last resort as I'm afraid I've lived off of them at way too many times in my life.

HorrorRetro

I love Vietnamese pho with a few slices of raw flank steak thrown in with lots of Sriracha sauce or the flake chili paste.  I was getting so much take out that I decided to learn how to make it myself. 

Gina

Hurst's Hambeens 15 Bean Soup, using the recipe that's on the back of the bag:

1 lb ham
1 cup chopped onion
1 can diced tomatoes
1 tsp chili powder
Juice of 1 lemon
2 cloves garlic
1.4 pound bag of Hambeens 15 Bean Soup

I prepare it using the slow cooker method:

http://www.hurstbeans.com/recipes/288/15-bean-soup---crock-pot-recipe

Quote from: HorrorRetro on August 21, 2012, 11:39:36 AM
I love Vietnamese pho with a few slices of raw flank steak thrown in with lots of Sriracha sauce or the flake chili paste.  I was getting so much take out that I decided to learn how to make it myself. 

Gina

The key is adding the fresh Thai basil just before serving

edm1820

Quote from: MV on August 20, 2012, 11:32:08 PM
i love ramen noodles.

haha, I go on ramen noodle binges every once in a while. I wont eat any for months, then I'll have one and before I know it, I've eaten a few dozen in a week. Chicken flavor preferred.

And being from Phila, I'm also partial to a good cheesesteak.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: edm1820 on August 24, 2012, 02:03:32 AM
haha, I go on ramen noodle binges every once in a while. I wont eat any for months, then I'll have one and before I know it, I've eaten a few dozen in a week. Chicken flavor preferred.

amen.

Harmness

Right now, the tunas (prickly pear fruits) are ripe in the lower elevations.  Everything eats the hell out of them, cows, horses, burros, javelina, deer, coyotes, everything.  Bears love them.  You'll see piles of bear shit that look like you stuffed a tube full of tunas and squeezed them out the end.  Take a stick and jam it in the end of one, skin it with a knife to get rid of the stickers and gorge yourself.  Right now my hands and lips are red.  I look like a five-year-old after a cherry snow cone.  Follow me around tomorrow, you just might think you're tracking a bear.

Jasmine

I don't know if this topic will fly, but what the hell. I love food. I ADORE food. I am not one of those nitwits who claims they only consume food for "fuel". To hell with that. Life is a vertitable banquet...an all-you-can-eat-buffet!

So, this section is about culinary delights, and nothing but. Food, food, glorious food. Post whatever random thing you wish in regards to food...fav meals, recipes, links, whatever.

Tonight for dinner at our house, it's a "comfort food menu"...spicy meatloaf with gravy, delicious and creamy scalloped potatoes, fresh corn on the cob slathered with butter, and for dessert, blueberry cheesecake.

Mmmmmmmmmm.

Jasmine

I simply adore the Two Fat Ladies from the United Kingdom and their cooking. So deliciously eccentric yet they're so cosy.

Two Fat Ladies -  Breakfast (Part One)

Two Fat Ladies Breakfast

Two Fat Ladies - Breakfast (Part Two)

Two Fat Ladies Breakfast: part 2

BobGrau

I hate to say it, but there's already a food thread.

Maybe this could be the craving thread? Right now I'm craving some uh, thai green 'salad'.

Jasmine

Quote from: BobGrau on August 27, 2012, 03:32:02 PM
I hate to say it, but there's already a food thread.

Maybe this could be the craving thread? Right now I'm craving some uh, thai green 'salad'.

LOL! WHAAAAAAA? DAMN! MV? Can you change the title of this thang to "Food Cravings"? LOL! God, I feel like such a dork.

BobGrau

Quote from: Jasmine on August 27, 2012, 03:36:25 PM
God, I feel like such a dork.

*drum roll*...

isn't that what got you into this mess in the first place?  :D

Jasmine

Quote from: BobGrau on August 27, 2012, 03:32:02 PM
Right now I'm craving some uh, thai green 'salad'.

Mmmmm...and, BobGrau, some hot and delicious Thai spring rolls with plum sauce to accompany that Thai green salad.

...and a huge bag of Kettle chips - green onion & yogurt flavor. Mmmmmmm.

Jasmine

Quote from: BobGrau on August 27, 2012, 03:40:25 PM

*drum roll*...

isn't that what got you into this mess in the first place?  :D

Watch it, Bubba.  ;D