• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

jazmunda

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on October 13, 2015, 04:45:37 PM
Scott McKay. I think he's a former producer at CBS.

Was he a Cronkite disciple too? :P

If so how many times was the name Cronkite invoked?

trostol

Quote from: SaucyRossy on October 13, 2015, 05:07:00 PM
Thanks bro, and I can still work on that if you want it or it could be for something else....in the near future.

i would say something in the future ..cause i have to see how this new guy plays out man lol

SaucyRossy

Quote from: VoteQuimby on October 13, 2015, 04:45:59 PM
I'm going to try to get back tonight before Midnight to catch the Iron Mountain show since I've been waiting awhile for it and Rossy said it'd be good.

I had nothing to do with booking this iron mountain show. You'll know what shows, if any of them happen, are ones that I booked or were involved with planning.

chefist

Quote from: SaucyRossy on October 13, 2015, 05:07:00 PM
Thanks bro, and I can still work on that if you want it or it could be for something else....in the near future.

You'll do great Rossy! Glad you are free!

SaucyRossy

Quote from: chefist on October 13, 2015, 04:29:58 PM
It's clear that what happened was not positive.  RCH has a personality that few could handle on a professional basis, even when you get paid.  I had the great opportunity to work with Rossy during the blitz and the Reddit show..he was not just professional, but the nicest guy you could ever work with...

i smell egocentric, self destructive, narcissistic talent to blame here...I could be wrong...but smells fishy...

Rossy will be better off without that negative energy in his life! IF this story is true...

Thank you man, you were great to work with too. And I'm sure we will work together again in the future.

jazmunda

Quote from: SaucyRossy on October 13, 2015, 05:09:43 PM
I had nothing to do with booking this iron mountain show. You'll know what shows, if any of them happen, are ones that I booked or were involved with planning.

Sorry to see you go man.

Mild Bill

Think of all the guests that the new old producer can book...retirees with lots of time on their hands that can reminisce with Richard.

"Remember when....".

SaucyRossy

Quote from: jazmunda on October 13, 2015, 05:11:46 PM
Sorry to see you go man.

I'm not going anywhere haha just onto better things, and if things turn out well, you'll be hearing from me sooner than later.

bateman

Quote from: ayala on October 13, 2015, 03:48:33 PM
I am sending this message to you all so you can know the truth. Rossy was driven out by Richard Hoagland who refused to pay him a penny. He told Rossy that he owned him and pushed him around like a slave.You can not even begin to guess how badly Rossy was treated. He was told that he had to put Richard ahead of his Family all the while refusing to pay him a cent. If you do not buy this ask Rossy yourself, he was insulted and made to feel like a slave so he quit. If you knew the truth it would make you sick. I am writing this because I just feel it is so very wrong, he may well not wish to speak of it but this is the sad truth.

If this is true, good riddance to OSOM. Nobody should have to do full time volunteer work. IF it's true.

b_dubb

Quote from: jazmunda on October 13, 2015, 04:37:12 PM
Can anyone give me the cliff notes on last nights show? From the sounds of it I'd be better off slicing my balls and dipping them in vinegar.
I wish there was a way for me to unsee BellGab in its entirety sometimes

jazmunda

Quote from: b_dubb on October 13, 2015, 05:17:01 PM
I wish there was a way for me to unsee BellGab in its entirety sometimes

Why do you hate Cliffs Notes?

b_dubb

Quote from: jazmunda on October 13, 2015, 05:23:02 PM
Why do you hate Cliffs Notes?
Just trying to get the image of you making a salad out of your own balls out of my head

jazmunda

Quote from: b_dubb on October 13, 2015, 05:32:48 PM
Just trying to get the image of you making a salad out of your own balls out of my head

Well when you put it that way ....

GravitySucks

I said I would give it 30 days, but one more show like last night and I am cancelling my OSOM subscription, erasing all of my 19.5 thoughts from my mind, burning all my pictures of the face on Mars and sending RCH an email thanking him for giving me back my nights to peaceful slumber.

And that's a fact Jack

I think the best of OSOM is already in my podcast library.

Daggit

K_Dubb

Oh dear, it must be true, then.  Well Uncle Hoagie is gonna feel it in the wallet.  Goodbye Club 19-5, that place between dusk and dawn where suddenly things don't look so friendly any more.

chefist

I've learned through reliable sources that when you work for RCH that you are property and your very existence belongs to him...even above matriarchal bonds of communication...

Unacceptable... >:(

Long Live Wolfman's Nards!

cosmic hobo

I just cancelled my OSOM subscription. RCH will know why.

GravitySucks

Maybe RCH can ask Falkie for his list of open class action lawsuits in order to keep his future revenue stream in tact.

ziznak

you guys know the parable about the fox/turtle/indian that takes the snake across a river?  Theres like a hundred versions of it but basically you take the snake across the river and it bites you then you can't really blame the snake.

hoagie is a snake.  On the positive side though Rossy has a great entry for his resume and although he may not have gotten paid I hope that he will ultimately benefit from the experience.

Go get 'em Saucey!

inuk2600

Quote from: SaucyRossy on October 13, 2015, 05:15:22 PM
I'm not going anywhere haha just onto better things, and if things turn out well, you'll be hearing from me sooner than later.

Will you be wearing this shirt?

AppealPlay

Quote from: ziznak on October 13, 2015, 06:05:38 PM
you guys know the parable about the fox/turtle/indian that takes the snake across a river?  Theres like a hundred versions of it but basically you take the snake across the river and it bites you then you can't really blame the snake.

hoagie is a snake.  On the positive side though Rossy has a great entry for his resume and although he may not have gotten paid I hope that he will ultimately benefit from the experience.

Go get 'em Saucey!

Seriously.  Why is anyone surprised that the Hoagster is an ass?  Of course he is.  That's just common knowledge, guys.  He's always been and will always be a scam artist.

albrecht

Some posters here have radio business experience and/or jobs. Is this indicative of the radio industry in general (all the high drama, pettiness, turf protection, jealousy, conspiracy theories, sabotage, stealing guests, professional blackballing, public airing of dirty laundry, and general mayhem? Or is this just in "fringe" radio, to wit: C2C, Art Bell, OSOM, Alex Jones, JWB, Jack Blood, Jimmy Church, Sirius/XM, and so on...I would think it would be hard to run a businesses with such drama, personnel turn-over, and unprofessionalism (by some) and actually crappy places to work.

Quote from: albrecht on October 13, 2015, 06:10:29 PM
Some posters here have radio business experience and/or jobs. Is this indicative of the radio industry in general (all the high drama, pettiness, turf protection, jealousy, conspiracy theories, sabotage, stealing guests, professional blackballing, public airing of dirty laundry, and general mayhem? Or is this just in "fringe" radio, to wit: C2C, Art Bell, OSOM, Alex Jones, JWB, Jack Blood, Jimmy Church, Sirius/XM, and so on...I would think it would be hard to run a businesses with such drama, personnel turn-over, and unprofessionalism (by some) and actually crappy places to work.

All people in radio are fucking crazy. This is standard.

onan

RCH is obviously a tyrant with grandiose tendencies. He has a history of expecting others to "pony up" support. Expecting anyone to disregard family for a late night internet show and at the same time not paying for that kind of dedication is... Just what Hoagland would do. Fuck him.

K_Dubb

Quote from: ziznak on October 13, 2015, 06:05:38 PM

Go get 'em Saucey!

Yeah but maybe Bellgab is the snake.  Agreed, can't wait to see what Rossy does next.