• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Latest French Attacks: updates (in English)

Started by albrecht, November 13, 2015, 03:50:16 PM

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Coffeeman on November 17, 2015, 09:49:17 PM
Not quite a lightweight, but still a sack of shit is John McCain. Guy left his buddies behind in Vietnam and has been playing the POW card ever since.

Put it this way, when the local Vietnam Memorial Committee would have their luncheons/benefit dinner for Gold Star Mothers, he was not spoken of in reverence.

chefist

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on November 17, 2015, 09:57:40 PM
    Put it this way, when the local Vietnam Memorial Committee would have their luncheons/benefit dinner for Gold Star Mothers, he was not spoken of in reverence.

I was thinking about the swift boat commercials... What was actually said in them? Were they accurate? I really didn't pay attention at the time...

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: chefist on November 17, 2015, 10:02:44 PM
I was thinking about the swift boat commercials... What was actually said in them? Were they accurate? I really didn't pay attention at the time...

I meant McCain, but Kerry was hardly beloved either. The ads primarily focused on his Winter Soldier activities of 71-72 and Kerry's own vague statements about his service in Cambodia. One of those cases where both sides seemed mendacious.

chefist

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on November 17, 2015, 10:07:12 PM
    I meant McCain, but Kerry was hardly beloved either. The ads primarily focused on his Winter Soldier activities of 71-72 and Kerry's own vague statements about his service in Cambodia. One of those cases where both sides seemed mendacious.

thanks... His testimony in front of congress pretty much labeled him Hanoi Janish anyway...

GravitySucks

Quote from: chefist on November 17, 2015, 10:02:44 PM

They were accurate. You can read about them here:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swift_Vets_and_POWs_for_Truth

I'm not sure if the ads ever brought up the fact that he originally received a "less than honorable" discharge from the Navy. He was still within his 6 year service commitment when he went to France and colluded with the enemy. If you google "Carter Kerry Discharge" you can find the info that President Carter later ordered his discharge to be changed. He woukd never sign the SF180 to release his service records, but the facts speak for themselves. He received some type of discharge and then in 1978 a discharge review board was convened to redo his original discharge.

chefist

Quote from: GravitySucks on November 17, 2015, 10:14:37 PM
They were accurate. You can read about them here:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swift_Vets_and_POWs_for_Truth

I'm not sure if the ads ever brought up the fact that he originally received a "less than honorable" discharge from the Navy. He was still within his 6 year service commitment when he went to France and colluded with the enemy. If you google "Carter Kerry Discharge" you can find the info that President Carter later ordered his discharge to be changed. He woukd never sign the SF180 to release his service records, but the facts speak for themselves. He received some type of discharge and then in 1978 a discharge review board was convened to redo his original discharge.

All the references that supposedly discredited the swiftboaters were all liberal publications.... Of course...

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: chefist on November 17, 2015, 10:13:50 PM
thanks... His testimony in front of congress pretty much labeled him Hanoi Janish anyway...

He was elated to be hanging around her and Donald Sutherland. A trait that continues to this day. "Here's my friend James Taylor"

GravitySucks

Quote from: chefist on November 17, 2015, 10:20:04 PM
All the references that supposedly discredited the swiftboaters were all liberal publications.... Of course...
The world woukd be a much better place if he had been riding home with Ted Kennedy that one fateful night.  Do you realize that Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than any of my evil guns?

Uncle Duke

Quote from: paladin1991 on November 16, 2015, 02:28:48 AM
Very interesting that.  Have to look into whether or not there is a book about that.

Best book I've read on the German planning to invade Switzerland has the hokey title, "Let's Swallow Switzerland" by historian Klaus Urner.  No question the Germans (and Italians) had plans for such an invasion, but as with not invading Sweden, not invading Switzerland was as much about business as it was military considerations.  I also recommend the book "Sympathy for the Devil--Neutral Europe and Nazi Germany in WWII" by Christian Lietz.

Ciardelo

Quote from: GravitySucks on November 17, 2015, 10:28:28 PM
The world woukd be a much better place if he had been riding home with Ted Kennedy that one fateful night.  Do you realize that Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than any of my evil guns?

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on November 17, 2015, 10:59:30 PM
Best book I've read on the German planning to invade Switzerland has the hokey title, "Let's Swallow Switzerland" by historian Klaus Urner.  No question the Germans (and Italians) had plans for such an invasion, but as with not invading Sweden, not invading Switzerland was as much about business as it was military considerations.  I also recommend the book "Sympathy for the Devil--Neutral Europe and Nazi Germany in WWII" by Christian Lietz.
Nice Uncle. Many always mention the Swiss but the Swedes; not so much. The "neutral" on both is suspect, though, I imagine, like bankers everywhere today, claim no knowledge of source of deposits. But Swedes, even a bit more suspect. Making steel and transport and etc available? Volunteers? Taking Norwegian prisoners? Having said this, I want to tell the Swedes "get over it" and you don't need to accept "refugees" to atone for past indifference, or worse. Keep your culture and society.

bateman

"Massive" police operation going down in a Paris suburb right now.

bateman

QuoteSuspects pinned down in building in Paris suburb of Saint-Denis, Saint-Denis mayor tells CNN affiliate BFM-TV.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: albrecht on November 17, 2015, 11:07:03 PM
Nice Uncle. Many always mention the Swiss but the Swedes; not so much. The "neutral" on both is suspect, though, I imagine, like bankers everywhere today, claim no knowledge of source of deposits. But Swedes, even a bit more suspect. Making steel and transport and etc available? Volunteers? Taking Norwegian prisoners? Having said this, I want to tell the Swedes "get over it" and you don't need to accept "refugees" to atone for past indifference, or worse. Keep your culture and society.

I had a professor who had been a member of the Norwegian underground as a teenager in WWII.  He hated the Swedes more than he hated the Nazi who occupied his country.  In his mind, and those of his countryman of that generation apparently, the Swedes abandoned the Norwegians to the Germans despite strong cultural ties and mutual defense agreements.  As you inferred, the Swedes made a fortune in WWII selling iron ore and ball bearing to the Germans.

Every read about the "neutrality" of Ireland in WWII? 

When will people wake up and realize these are not isolated events. This is an invasion.

bateman

Police injuries, at least one death, not clear if that's a suspect or a police officer. Multiple explosions heard, now the army has the area cordoned off.

Live feed:

http://youtu.be/y60wDzZt8yg

Saw a prescient comment on Twitter noting with these live feeds, it's entirely possible for the suspects to monitor the positions and operations of the police from any wi-fi device. Strategy much?

I'm still confused why France is being attacked? Sorry for not following it closely, I haven't been home much. Some weird cult from the middle east named the Islamic State is engaging this insane terrorism against the French because?

Thank Christ this isn't happening in the US. Might be nice because it would end this social justice/BLM bullshit overnight but this country would have a stroke and shut down completely if cells of Islamic baddies started offing people.

bateman

Female wearing a bomb belt detonated it, another suspect taken out by police sniper.

pyewacket

Quote from: yournewswire.com
40 Countries Including G20 Members Are Financing ISIS Says Putin

Posted on November 16, 2015 by Carol Adl in News, World // 0 Comments
Putin
Share on Tumblr

President Vladimir Putin has said that he has shared Russian intelligence data on the financing of ISIS with his G20 colleagues

He said that the terrorist group are being financed from 40 countries and is reported to include G20 member states.

During the summit, “I provided examples based on our data on the financing of different Islamic State (IS, formerly ISIS/ISIL) units by private individuals. This money, as we have established, comes from 40 countries and, there are some of the G20 members among them,” Putin told the journalists.

RT reported that Putin also spoke of the urgent need to curb the Islamic States illegal oil trade

“I’ve shown our colleagues photos taken from space and from aircraft which clearly demonstrate the scale of the illegal trade in oil and petroleum products,” he said.

“The motorcade of refueling vehicles stretched for dozens of kilometers, so that from a height of 4,000 to 5,000 meters they stretch beyond the horizon,” Putin added, comparing the convoy to gas and oil pipeline systems.

“It’s not the right time to try and figure out which country is more and which is less effective in the battle with Islamic State, as now a united international effort is needed against the terrorist group”, Putin said.

The Islamic State makes an estimated $50 million a month selling crude from captured oilfields in Iraq and Syria, according to Iraqi intelligence and U.S. officials.

Immediately after the summit, the U.S. announced that its warplanes had begun to bomb ISIS truck convoys that were being used to “smuggle the crude oil it has been producing in Syria”coincidence? The U.S. seemed to know exactly where these convoys were, but only felt compelled to destroy them now.

http://themindunleashed.org/2015/11/breaking-putin-reveals-isis-funded-by-40-countries-including-g20-members.html

norland2424

Quote from: bateman on November 18, 2015, 12:57:34 AM
Female wearing a bomb belt detonated it, another suspect taken out by police sniper.

good, only outcome these rats deserve

Quote from: VoteQuimby on November 18, 2015, 12:54:48 AM
I'm still confused why France is being attacked? Sorry for not following it closely, I haven't been home much. Some weird cult from the middle east named the Islamic State is engaging this insane terrorism against the French because?

Thank Christ this isn't happening in the US. Might be nice because it would end this social justice/BLM bullshit overnight but this country would have a stroke and shut down completely if cells of Islamic baddies started offing people.

It's not just France, France just seems to be the first place they've had actual operations planned rather than wanton rapes and murders. The IS is waging war on western society. You don't want it to happen here? Too bad:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/obama-syrian-refugees_5649f552e4b045bf3defe6f6

Uncle Duke

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on November 17, 2015, 06:42:59 PM
This was interesting to watch unfold, Russia tried to display its strength last month by firing long range cruise missiles. Apparently some of them malfunctioned and hit Iran.

http://news.usni.org/2015/10/09/russia-refutes-pentagon-claims-some-caspian-strike-missiles-failed-over-iran

George had a guest on C2C after these missile strikes who claimed the US brought those "failed" missiles down using some sort of EMP ray weapon.  Sounded like utter bullshit, but then I began to wonder.  Would it be possible to interfere with/jam a cruise missile guidance system (GPS interface?) and just run the thing out of fuel?
Causing a Russian cruise missile to impact somewhere in Iran would be a win-win for the US, certainly seeing the Russians and Iranians at odds after such an incident would be viewed as positive in the US.

Juan

To my great surprise, Hoagland's last two shows covered the history of Islam and it's relationship to IS very well.

As for Switzerland, my father participated in bombing a Swiss ball bearing factory that was supplying the Germans on April 1, 1944.  On the way back to England, he was shot down over France, turned in to the Nazis by the French, and spent the remainder of the war in Stalag-17B.  He did not get a prayer rug.  He did not get halal meals - in fact, he got little food at all.

Meister_000

Quote from: VtaGeezer on November 17, 2015, 06:44:08 PM
It's really not all Muslims. It's the toxic influence of Wabbabi Saudis with tons of money who've been subsidizing fundamentalism since the oil money started flowing.  It was us (USA) and the Brits who turned blind eye to the Saudis and their base in puritan Wahhabism in return for their support Western policies. Cut off the head of the snake.  After Like the old TV centuries under the Ottomans, most Arab Muslims were pretty mellow.

Wahhabism/Salafism only a small part of what's wrong with Islam. Islam was not "Good" up until 1744 when Muhammad bin Saud and Muhammad ibn ʿAbd al-Wahhab made their "Pact". Islam has never been Good, period.  The Islam of Muhammad's own day was not "Good". Muhammad himself was of very questionable character at minimum and his grasp of God and Religion and Theology and Philosophy and Morals, were not Good. His Message(s) overall were less than Good and his own book, the Qur'an is by no means nor by any standard "Good". Neither of Islam's two primary sects, Sunni and Shi'ite are Good. Their system of Law, Sharia, is not Good. Their non-separation of church and state is not Good. Their de-humanization of Women and Girls is not Good. [and this list is not exhaustive]

While "all" people living in Islamic lands are not bad, all "Islam", on balance, IS bad. The quantity and "proportion" of bad to good outweighs and nullifies any good as far as I'm concerned. Good people are good _despite_ Islam not _because_ of it. And as has been said here already, quite a few self-identifying Muslims are effectively non-practicing and remain "Muslim" by heritage and name, and in many cases by no small amount of healthy and well-founded _fear_. The non-prophet may have said any number of pretty and quotable things but he also said and practiced and modeled and instigated and gave rise to far many more ugly, bad, violent, perverted, and evil things to on-balance call either him or any of "his" Good.

And you cannot _be_a Muslim without venerating the person of Muhammad. Please understand, that is an impossibility. "There is only one God -->AND<-- Muhammad is his Prophet".  It's that last part that emphatically puts the lie and the error to an attribution of "The Good" and "Goodness" to Islamic Sphere stuff. Goodness requires TRUTH. Muhammad's creation, Islam, prohibits Truth, expressly Forbids it. And understand too, that Muhammad is not just "any" prophet, he is the best and last that has ever or will ever be fielded on this planet. He is Perfection and Holiness personified, and his "special" revelation" and unparalleled intimacy with God was such that it can never be exceeded and importantly never be doubted or questioned EVER by anyone, Muslim or non-Muslim alike. That means, among other things, that you are absolutely denied any share of "Free Will" within Muhammad's creation.

Truth and truth-seeking is not allowed. Free Will is not allowed. Free Choice is not allowed. Consent is an utterly alien idea. Disobedience and dissent is not tolerated. Individual Rights, Natural Rights, Natural Law are mute. [again, this is not an exhaustive list.]

When I began, late in life, to look into and study about Islam, I really wanted and hoped to find something to like, and even something to Love about it. I assumed that the "common threads" one might expect to find were in fact there, somewhere. I TRIED to find The Good in it, under every rock,  high and low. I did give it the benefit of doubt, and did give it ample time to show itself. And I will tell you, (apart from some potentially endearing but in the end only lip-serving platitudes) I have never been as disappointed or enjoyed less ANY learning quest and learning experience in my entire life as I had "getting to know" about Islam. It was painful, excruciating, disgusting, torturous, and disheartening -- crushing actually because I was personally invested in the idea and the hopes of finding it's Saving Grace!

I don't enjoy having to say these things (which I believe to be true), nor do I like admitting in public that I feel the way I do about Islam and by extension about it's adherents. But my conclusions weren't arrived at lightly. I cannot say flatly that all Muslims are bad, but I think I would be comfortable saying with confidence and conviction that all "True" and practicing Muslims are Bad-News waiting to happen -- sooner or later, if not them then their sons. It is in-bred. The Foundation IS corrupt. The fundamentalists ARE going back to The Foundation, "the basics". The Basics ARE bad, and you can see what we get, where it _must_ lead. The soil, the very Ground, is unfit to raise and "SUSTAIN" Good things. And I chose that word carefully to close with. "God The Sustainer" is an often-mouthed phrase in Islam. By definition, then, Islam, Muhammad's creation, does not cut muster. It is UNGODLY!

End of story. Verdict is in. Case is closed.  (as far as I'm concerned.)

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Juan on November 18, 2015, 06:25:41 AM
To my great surprise, Hoagland's last two shows covered the history of Islam and it's relationship to IS very well.

As for Switzerland, my father participated in bombing a Swiss ball bearing factory that was supplying the Germans on April 1, 1944.  On the way back to England, he was shot down over France, turned in to the Nazis by the French, and spent the remainder of the war in Stalag-17B.  He did not get a prayer rug.  He did not get halal meals - in fact, he got little food at all.

You dad's group purposely bombed a factory in neutral Switzerland?  Any idea what unit he was serving in at the time of that raid?

GravitySucks

Quote from: Uncle Duke on November 18, 2015, 02:20:04 AM
George had a guest on C2C after these missile strikes who claimed the US brought those "failed" missiles down using some sort of EMP ray weapon.  Sounded like utter bullshit, but then I began to wonder.  Would it be possible to interfere with/jam a cruise missile guidance system (GPS interface?) and just run the thing out of fuel?
Causing a Russian cruise missile to impact somewhere in Iran would be a win-win for the US, certainly seeing the Russians and Iranians at odds after such an incident would be viewed as positive in the US.
The Russians have their own navigation satellites. They don't use GPS for their weapons systems.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Meister_000 on November 18, 2015, 06:39:51 AM
Wahhabism/Salafism only a small part of what's wrong with Islam.

I am not going to question any of the points you have made here, since you clearly know more about this than I do. The trouble is, I don't think you can make a war against a religion any more than you can make a war against any other idea, in military terms. All you can hope to do is neutralise the worst elements without at the same time encouraging even more people to follow in their footsteps. I think the idea that we can fight this by ordering in air strikes is going to be a failure just like all the other times we have tried it. You end up killing off one layer while growing several heads back at the same time, when you consider that these people will have families - young children who you can guarantee will be radicalised if they weren't already.

One thing that is pretty clear is that the most staunch opponents of the west hate the idea of any kind of freedom for their own people, and by acting as the aggressor all the time we play into their hands. I don't mean play cutesy-poo with the worst murderers, but trying to recognise that there will be a bedrock of solid types who want to get on with their lives, if we let them. Then perhaps we can slowly mix into their cultures the more lasting values of tolerance and respect for others which is so signally lacking. The trouble is, you won't get that from most politicians, who are too fond of acting as the tough guy to actually do anything to address the problem. This might sound like woolly liberal thinking, but really I am more interested in getting to the root of the problem than some sort of grandstanding that gets us nowhere and will only inevitably lead to more attacks within a matter of months or years.