• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art, Design, Photography

Started by coaster, June 23, 2012, 08:07:07 PM

bateman

Am I allowed to add artwork that's not my own? This is one of my favorites. George Willoughby Maynard's "In Strange Seas". It's literally located in some sort of storage area at the Met. If they can't find a place for it, I would be happy to take it off their hands.

Chine

Quote from: bateman on October 01, 2013, 06:53:11 PM
Am I allowed to add artwork that's not my own? This is one of my favorites. George Willoughby Maynard's "In Strange Seas". It's literally located in some sort of storage area at the Met. If they can't find a place for it, I would be happy to take it off their hands.

Ha. Bateman Crown Affair! I so see it. Yes, this should be an all Art Thread. Post away. This is gorgeous. Water is tough to paint, I mean, catching the movement, light, etc. I'm always blown away by great works of scenes in water.

bateman

Quote from: Chine on October 01, 2013, 07:09:23 PM
Ha. Bateman Crown Affair! I so see it. Yes, this should be an all Art Thread. Post away. This is gorgeous. Water is tough to paint, I mean, catching the movement etc. I'm always blown away by great works of scenes in water.

The thought has crossed my mind..

And you're right about water. Light, movement.. Require amazing talent to capture accurately. I've always been drawn to the Dutch masters for those reasons. Rembrandt's only seascape "Storm on the Sea of Galilee" is something I'd love to see in person, but was of course stolen in the Isabella Stewart Gardner heist.

bateman

I'm also a huge fan of the Hudson River School. There was recently a Frederic Edwin Church exhibit at the Met & I think I left a puddle of drool on the floor.

Chine

First of all...How do you know it's in storage? A friend of mine works there. Maybe she can help you on the inside with your heist.

Paris of course, many breathtaking experiences for me, when you turn and are floored by masters. But my greatest discovery was in Berlin. One day I was venturing by foot to the Art Deco Museum. Across from it, The Egyptian Museum. I thought,'Eh...is there anything there of great interest? Been to many Egyptian exhibits, sections of other museums. Why not. I buy a ticket and as I walk in, something to my right was pulling me. I turn to look. Oh My God. Wtf. Nefertiti's Bust. Are you shitting me? She's here!?  Never in my life have I been in tears to such art inches in front of me.

Designx

Quote from: bateman on October 01, 2013, 06:53:11 PM

Ahhh triangles - wonder if there was significance in the motif beyond just being structural.

bateman

Quote from: Chine on October 01, 2013, 07:50:48 PM
First of all...How do you know it's in storage? A friend of mine works there. Maybe she can help you on the inside with your heist.

Paris of course, many breathtaking experiences for me, when you turn and are floored by masters. But my greatest discovery was in Berlin. One day I was venturing by foot to the Art Deco Museum. Across from it, The Egyptian Museum. I thought,'Eh...is there anything there of great interest? Been to many Egyptian exhibits, sections of other museums. Why not. I buy a ticket and as I walk in, something to my right was pulling me. I turn to look. Oh My God. Wtf. Nefertiti's Bust. Are you shitting me? She's here!?  Never in my life have I been in tears to such art inches in front of me.

It's in here: http://www.metmuseum.org/collections/galleries/the-american-wing/774

Berlin, huh, wouldn't have thought. I have sort of similar feelings about Akhenaten, but he just creeps me out. I stand there transfixed though.

indigoo

Some amazing artwork in here, my god. Chine, coaster...

Chine

Some architecture. This thread should also include architecture, design, photography.

Maiden Tower in Austria and some fun funky houses in Japan.

Chine

Two of my favorites. Jean Nouvel and Le Corbusier.

Chine

Cool installation. 'Wire Wolves Running Down Stairs' by artist David Oliveira.

widespread1

Some moving visuals I made  :o
Must watch in HD
Set to Shpongle Music

A Fantastic Secret

Chine

Quote from: widespread1 on October 12, 2013, 12:33:47 AM
Some moving visuals I made  :o
Must watch in HD
Set to Shpongle Music

A Fantastic Secret

Wow. I'm going to save this.

widespread1

This is a portrait I did of my wife's cousin Isis

and one of my son Max

And this is something I did for a friend who was murdered in Humboldt not too long ago.
We put this on Disc golf Discs and tshirts to raise money for his mother

steelbot

I started a thread not to long ago - I hope we could get a forum art sticky =(( , either way ...since I will be going to school for my BS in animation/art - I figured i better get a hold of cd4 and start getting to work! - More to come....

steelbot

Quote from: widespread1 on October 12, 2013, 08:38:20 PM
This is a portrait I did of my wife's cousin Isis

and one of my son Max

And this is something I did for a friend who was murdered in Humboldt not too long ago.
We put this on Disc golf Discs and tshirts to raise money for his mother

Nice...
here just some fun stuff I've done over the years....
Snoopy is not normally flipping a bird!  :D

HorrorRetro

I love taking photos of gourds and squash and all their various textures and colors.  I went to the pumpkin patch today and found these little beauties.

Cynnie

Quote from: steelbot on October 12, 2013, 09:15:25 PM
Nice...
here just some fun stuff I've done over the years....
Snoopy is not normally flipping a bird!  :D

Humboldt california ?

widespread1

yeah Humboldt County

Chine

Quote from: HorrorRetro on October 13, 2013, 06:58:00 PM
I love taking photos of gourds and squash and all their various textures and colors.  I went to the pumpkin patch today and found these little beauties.

Beautiful shot!

Chine

... Two pieces of mine.

HorrorRetro

Quote from: Chine on October 14, 2013, 08:32:52 AM
... Two pieces of mine.

Those are great.  I'm always amazed when people are able to put down on paper what they see.  I can't draw or paint to save my life.

Chine

Quote from: HorrorRetro on October 14, 2013, 10:23:47 AM
Those are great.  I'm always amazed when people are able to put down on paper what they see.  I can't draw or paint to save my life.

Thank you. The woman was out of my head. Majority are. The Afghan, 'Halo',  is a commissioned portrait for a client/friend from a photo which inspired me.

I`m no artist, but I love taking pictures of sunrises. I took this one with my HTC MyTouch 4G slide phone.

Myrtle Beach at sunrise.

HorrorRetro

Quote from: FightTheFuture on October 14, 2013, 12:08:21 PM

I`m no artist, but I love taking pictures of sunrises. I took this one with my HTC MyTouch 4G slide phone.

Myrtle Beach at sunrise.

Nice!

I got a few decent sunset shots over the past month.  I was lucky that I was able to get these just down the road from me.

aldousburbank

This little pic was snapped on my Iphone, while driving, on a recent trip to my true home of the Sonoran Desert.  That's the Apache Leap in the background.
[attachimg=1]

area51drone

It's amazing how good cell phone photos can be.    They aren't a true substitute for a good lens on a  SLR or DSLR but they're still incredible for what they are.

steelbot

Here are some older works of "Art" from me back in about 2000- Plus don't take the whole "theme" as having any meaning, just drawing.. Much in the vane as H.R. Giger. http://imgur.com/a/LoMyR

HorrorRetro

A shot of tonight's moon.  Caught a tiny bit of a tree in the shot as well.