• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art, Design, Photography

Started by coaster, June 23, 2012, 08:07:07 PM

coaster

no, not that Art. I'm talking about art. As in drawings, paintings and such. This thread is random, but I like to share so what the hell. So are any of you guys artists at all? I dabble in it from time to time. here are some of my doodles.  I'd like to see your work if you have any.
this one was posted in image of the day at coasttocoast's site, but I had to use a pseudonym, because I dont think georgie likes me. -

a couple more-

I really like the second one.

My god, these are amazing. What medium did you use?

Keep up the good work!!

Wow, very, very nice!

coaster

thanks guys. i hope someone else posts something they have done. or i will feel like a complete douche for even starting this thread. 
Quote from: Agent : Orange on June 23, 2012, 11:46:41 PM
My god, these are amazing. What medium did you use?
Keep up the good work!!
its a mixed medium. digital and traditional. cinema 4d, and photoshop. the figure and blocks were made in cinema, and the post was a lot of painting. the textures are all painted and scanned in. im really glad you liked it. thanks.

ziznak

These are great... can we get an artist's insight into what's being expressed here??  The layers of the human psyche?? the  compartments in our lives?? the molecular building blocks of life??? I hope you don't say "ah I got stoned and did this."

coaster

Quote from: ziznak on June 24, 2012, 03:35:31 AM
These are great... can we get an artist's insight into what's being expressed here??  The layers of the human psyche?? the  compartments in our lives?? the molecular building blocks of life??? I hope you don't say "ah I got stoned and did this."
well, i wont say i got 'stoned', but i experiment and explore sometimes. weed was a long time ago. my last vacation was ayahuasca.  i will say art is subjective. Which is nothing really. The second one I call the god particle. i wanted him to contemplate what makes him human if that makes any sense. i named it after the higgs boson. i figure we try so hard to figure out where we came from. i dont know if that makes any sense at all. i hope so.
edit- ziznak, i wonder if artists back in the day delved as deep as you do. youre trying to find meaning in everything. i appreciate that. keep going.
edit x2 - i wish this forum had some sub forums.

ziznak

well the whole bricks theme is kinda common among the three so my previous questions fit them all as well... the last one seemed more to say something about the layers of the human mind more though... did that overall design idea spring from the wire frame part of the modeling and you were kinda playing with that?  I like to know whats going through peoples heads when they create and how the process comes together...

hey you got anything skeletal?? or any more skinless people??? oh and have you ever been to or seen the "body worlds" exhibit?? good stuff

Harmness

Dig your stuff, Coaster.

Chine

Former performing artist here. Back in 2004, I was pretty much done with performance and concentrated my energy in painting full time and extremely fortunate it covers the bills. I exhibit my work here in the US as well as oversees.

Here's a fun one to share. I had a stack of paintings I was considering tossing in the trash. I have several "junk" portfolios. Instead, I yanked three paintings out which were practices in sumi e painting (painting with the bamboo brush), mailed them off to LA.

December of 2009... One of them appeared in the NBC series "Heroes". Season 3 - Episode 12 'Our Father'.Here's a shot of it my friend took from the set. This is Hiro's father's house.

Included as well, one of my works of a "Showgirl Series".

sleeplessinca

Quote from: coaster on June 23, 2012, 08:07:07 PM
no, not that Art.  here are some of my doodles. 
I love art. 
My family has many well-known artists. I sculpt animal forms. 
I'm so disappointed that your first two pieces didn't load for me.  Any hope of a PM?

Chine

Quote from: coaster on June 23, 2012, 08:07:07 PM
no, not that Art. I'm talking about art. As in drawings, paintings and such. This thread is random, but I like to share so what the hell. So are any of you guys artists at all? I dabble in it from time to time. here are some of my doodles.  I'd like to see your work if you have any.
this one was posted in image of the day at coasttocoast's site, but I had to use a pseudonym, because I dont think georgie likes me. -

a couple more-

I'm also unable to view the first two. Coaster, these are not just "doodles". This is exquisite work and the quality is lovely. Are these oils? Very rich and dynamic. Wish I could see the first two as well.

Kinda digging it that there is an "Art" thread along with the "Art Bell" threads. I'm tempted to cartoon Art with a battalion of cats. Heh.

Sardondi

Quote from: coaster on June 23, 2012, 08:07:07 PMno, not that Art. I'm talking about art. As in drawings, paintings and such. This thread is random, but I like to share so what the hell. So are any of you guys artists at all? I dabble in it from time to time. here are some of my doodles.  I'd like to see your work if you have any.
this one was posted in image of the day at coasttocoast's site, but I had to use a pseudonym, because I dont think georgie likes me. ....
Coaster,  I think your work is magnificent. And you as well Chine, with an entirely different style and concentration. Such talent, which includes the ability to not only see but execute, just leaves me in awe. I'm a Salieri: able to perceive and appreciate, but without any ability to create, which can be its own little torture. Even well into middle age (almost out of it?) I'm still learning how to approach art, and can see that an emotional response is just as valid as, and much more fulfilling than, an intellectual assessment. So for those big left-lobers among us, who have all the artistic ability of a concrete block, let me say, "Salud!" to both of you.

Chine

Thank you, Sardoni. Hey, Coaster...digital or oils? Really stunning.

coaster

Thanks. They are digital. Here are two recent pictures. The first one is going to be the cover of a book.

Quote from: coaster on September 12, 2013, 06:00:59 PM
Thanks. They are digital. Here are two recent pictures. The first one is going to be the cover of a book.

That's one badass dust jacket.

Chine

Coaster, you are insanely gifted. I'm truly blown away. Congrats on the cover!

Chine

Quote from: Sardondi on September 12, 2013, 03:55:07 PM
Coaster,  I think your work is magnificent. And you as well Chine, with an entirely different style and concentration. Such talent, which includes the ability to not only see but execute, just leaves me in awe. I'm a Salieri: able to perceive and appreciate, but without any ability to create, which can be its own little torture. Even well into middle age (almost out of it?) I'm still learning how to approach art, and can see that an emotional response is just as valid as, and much more fulfilling than, an intellectual assessment. So for those big left-lobers among us, who have all the artistic ability of a concrete block, let me say, "Salud!" to both of you.

Sardoni,

When I started this as a profession, as an artist I had to learn how to shift from that emotional self that creates the art... to the business mind. A new hat to wear... addressing marketing, who my audience was, etc. etc. Also, not an artsy self dealing with clients. As artist's fail on that end with the business model.

I switch gears when I go from deciding to take on a commission and it's not the same vein as me with the paintbrush listening to blaring music and emotional investment of 'wonderment' and all that jazz.

It took time to learn. But, I did. Bills get paid and I don't overexhaust my time and energy for 'phantom checks' and that nonsense. Words like "serious enquiries only" help. Contracts, copyright laws, etc. etc. Also, in where you do business and language. It's actually fascinating to me.

Sorry if my post is clumsy in communicating this.

Tinfoil Hat

You crate some utterly amazing and very beautiful art which has every appearance of standing the test of time.

I'm a frustrated painter....abstract landscapes and nudes mostly. While I got lots of interest from galleries, their stock like was that my style was far to unique for them to take a risk on it.

P.S. PM me a pic and I'll paint you in acrylic on canvas and send it back to you, gratis.

sleeplessinca

Those are haunting and beautiful.  What media do you use?

coaster

Thanks. They are mixed medium. Digital with traditionally painted textures. heres a couple older digital paintings. I did the first one for a workshop. Its after Bouguereau's Apres Le Bain. The second I did for a painting tutorial. Just some old random pictures. (hope the nudity isnt a problem. it is art.)

There truly are some very talented people posting on this forum!  Stay amazing....

Chine

Here's my page for my work. Including art I did while working at Cirque du Soleil. Also, a sketch I did of Joan Jett was published in the recent issue of Guitar World magazine which includes an interview with Joan.

Http://www.facebook.com/rpunsalanart

Quote from: Chine on September 20, 2013, 08:44:30 AM
Here's my page for my work...

I like your work a lot.  The ones I like best are the Flamenco dancers and the one called Mirjana. 

Do you sketch then paint with watercolors?

Chine

Thanks, PaperBoy. Yep, but very minimal to harness the line, movement. Later, in dyes. I use ink dyes, silk dyes as they are wonderful fluidity on brush and great pigment. Also 80 percent of my work is out of my head not from photos. Rarely, unless a cpmmissioned portrait like those in pastels.

Chine

Never have I imagined that I would say... 'I'm gonna paint a Chupacabra!' Look how Art (Bell) has inspired the creative Gabbers. Thinking I'd paint a Duchamp style 'Chupacabra Descending a Staircase'.