• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No
Quote from: Parris001 on December 17, 2017, 08:56:51 AM
I talked to an acquaintance friday night. Christmas party, I barely know the guy but he's really cool. And he knows I'm a Coast (was a Coast) fan. As is he.

He brought Coast up. I'm too embarrassed at this point to even admit to anyone that I listen to what the show's become. But he started the conversation, and he said he just couldn't get into the new health and diet direction the show has taken. I couldn't agree more.

There is no longer a paranormal aspect to the show. What's the latest dating site gonna be? MLMdate.com?

Noory made the decision long ago that the paranormal was BS, overdone, and couldn't hold a nightly audience.  And he was never interested in it either, he just started doing a local show in St Louis because Art was successful doing a national one.

His main problems are he's a terrible host and has no idea what to do in place of the paranormal

ItsOver

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on December 17, 2017, 09:42:05 AM
Noory made the decision long ago that the paranormal was BS, overdone, and couldn't hold a nightly audience.  And he was never interested in it either, he just started doing a local show in St Louis because Art was successful doing a national one.

His main problems are he's a terrible host and has no idea what to do in place of the paranormal
Other than keep sleeping on the job and drawing a nice paycheck from PremRat.  Plus, he gets to do his fantasy of being a big time celebrity, emphasis on fantasy.

Robert

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on December 17, 2017, 09:42:05 AMNoory made the decision long ago that the paranormal was BS, overdone, and couldn't hold a nightly audience.
Didn't Mr. Bell make that determination as well?

Parris001

Quote from: Robert on December 17, 2017, 03:43:58 PM

Well, if the paranormal is all bunk and can't hold an audience........... put the show in mothballs and head back to the ranch.

Current show is horrible "beyond belief"

ItsOver

Looks like this guy didn't quit.

Disclosure Breakthrough?/ Area 51 Revealed
Sunday - December 17, 2017
Hosted by George Knapp
Guest(s): Alejandro Rojas, Thornton Barnes
First Half: Alejandro Rojas, UFO expert and researcher, joins George Knapp to discuss UFO activity from the last 12 months and the recent startling announcement about government UFO interest.

Second Half: In 1955, the CIA established a clandestine base of operations in the Nevada desert called Area 51. Before flying saucers were rumored, spy planes fueled rumors for more than half a century. Author and Area 51 veteran TD Barnes will sift the fact from fiction.

ItsOver

...And then the crap returns on Wednesday with Jorch and Doc Wallet.  Plus angels.  Could it be portals?

Alternative Health/ Angelic Realm
Wednesday - December 20, 2017
Hosted by George Noory
Guest(s): Dr. Joel Wallach, Leanne Thomas
First Half: Dr. Joel Wallach addresses alternative health approaches and the benefits of remedies and supplements that aid in the body's recovery from many diseases and ailments.

Second Half: Internationally recognized evidential medium Leanne Thomas will discuss the angelic realm and her love for helping others own their spiritual gifts. She'll show us the many angelic connections we have and can use, including intuition and angel communication.

ItsOver

...Then Jorch gets to catch up on his nap time when LMH is back on Thursday.

Earth's Secret War
Thursday - December 21, 2017
Hosted by George Noory
Guest(s): Linda Moulton Howe
Investigative reporter Linda Moulton Howe will discuss firsthand knowledge that NASA JPL deliberately fudged the original amounts of Xenon-129 found on both Mars and Venus, and Earth’s "secret war" ongoing between humans and some other intelligence.

Can Greasy Jimmy be around the corner?  Some ancient astronaut theorists say "You bet your 10w30 on it."

Swishypants

Art has him hanging upside down by his ankles in that photo! You've got it upside down. I told you he was lifting weights! Haters!

ItsOver

Quote from: Swishypants on December 17, 2017, 04:44:15 PM
Art has him hanging upside down by his ankles in that photo! You've got it upside down. I told you he was lifting weights! Haters!
Upside down?  Well, that would be better for draining Jimmy's crankcase.  Make sure you use a good size oil pan, Mr. Bell.  And keep your head down.  You never know when there might be a random firecrack... err, I mean a stalker around.

Quote from: Robert on December 17, 2017, 03:43:58 PM

It seems that way, I wish he'd been more honest about it

Jojo

Quote from: Parris001 on December 17, 2017, 08:56:51 AM
I talked to an acquaintance friday night. Christmas party, I barely know the guy but he's really cool. And he knows I'm a Coast (was a Coast) fan. As is he.

He brought Coast up. I'm too embarrassed at this point to even admit to anyone that I listen to what the show's become. But he started the conversation, and he said he just couldn't get into the new health and diet direction the show has taken. I couldn't agree more.

There is no longer a paranormal aspect to the show. What's the latest dating site gonna be? MLMdate.com?
MLMdate.com

Juan

I was in a conversation yesterday with two women who were convinced all babies are sweet and innocent. I laughed, and you know why.
GNS

ACE of CLUBS

Was waiting for Knapp night .....
It seems that CKNW 980am from Vancouver, British Columbia has dropped Coast to Coast am ..... at least on Sunday nights.

136 or 142

Quote from: ACE of CLUBS on December 18, 2017, 07:02:45 AM
It seems that CKNW 980am from Vancouver, British Columbia has dropped Coast to Coast am ..... at least on Sunday nights.

Hrm. I was going to listen to the the show on repeat (from 2 A.M) when I heard that local idiot Mike Smyth instead.  They were playing a repeat of a program he was guest hosting but a repeated announcement said that there would soon be a 'national Canadian overnight' program airing on CKNW.  I don't know if that's just for the repeat hours, just for the weekends at some time or if Coast to Coast has been dropped by CKNW entirely.

If CKNW has or is going to completely drop Coast to Coast I can't think of any other station on the A.M dial that would pick it up.  I even checked AM 730 which has the same owners as CKNW (AM 730 is a 24 hour weather and traffic station) to see if they were now airing the repeated hours of Coast to Coast (or maybe the whole program) and AM 730 had their regular programming. 

If anybody cares, if Coast to Coast is not aired in any station in the Vancouver area, I'll just drop any interest in the program entirely.  It's already mostly worthless with Nori as the regular host.

ItsOver

Quote from: Juan on December 17, 2017, 07:38:53 PM
I was in a conversation yesterday with two women who were convinced all babies are sweet and innocent. I laughed, and you know why.
GNS
;)

"I'm clueless.  Tell me why."

136 or 142

Quote from: ACE of CLUBS on December 18, 2017, 07:02:45 AM

Yes, Coast to Coast will no longer be airing on CKNW.  When CFUN dropped Coast to Coast before CKNW picked it up, it got in the local papers, now, it seems hardly anybody cares.

CKNW is having to come up with new programming to replace their current overnight offering, “Coast to Coast AM’ with George Noory, which has long been the all night show of choice on North American talk radio stations.
The current contract is about to run out, with the subsidiary of Bell Media that controls the Canadian rights to the show.   Bell has decided not to offer to renew on NW, a Corus property, thus forcing the station and its talk radio sister stations across the country to come up with a Canadian-based alternative.[/font]
No word on what other Vancouver station (if any) will be airing “Coast to Coast” in the future.   We assume the George Noory feature will continue uninterrupted on C-FAX 1070 Victoria, a Bell station.

https://www.pugetsoundradio.com/2017/11/28/cknw-replace-night-coast-coast/

Quote from: 136 or 142 on December 18, 2017, 12:57:56 PM

The current contract is about to run out, with the subsidiary of Bell Media that controls the Canadian rights to the show.   Bell has decided not to offer to renew on NW, a Corus property, thus forcing the station and its talk radio sister stations across the country to come up with a Canadian-based alternative.
Bell could give Premiere lessons on how to ruin radio. Your new overnight will be an intern reading the phonebook

PaulAtreides

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on December 18, 2017, 01:12:03 PM
Your new overnight will be an intern reading the phonebook

That would be more interesting than Snoory and more reliable than the Hoagster.

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: Juan on December 17, 2017, 07:38:53 PM
GNS

This had me in hysterics!!

I also imagine the women asking you to explain your involuntary laughter at such a simple sentiment, and your halting attempt to clarify.... ;D

Jojo

Quote from: 136 or 142 on December 18, 2017, 07:59:53 AM

Hrm. I was going to listen to the the show on repeat (from 2 A.M) when I heard that local idiot Mike Smyth instead.  They were playing a repeat of a program he was guest hosting but a repeated announcement said that there would soon be a 'national Canadian overnight' program airing on CKNW.  I don't know if that's just for the repeat hours, just for the weekends at some time or if Coast to Coast has been dropped by CKNW entirely.

If CKNW has or is going to completely drop Coast to Coast I can't think of any other station on the A.M dial that would pick it up.  I even checked AM 730 which has the same owners as CKNW (AM 730 is a 24 hour weather and traffic station) to see if they were now airing the repeated hours of Coast to Coast (or maybe the whole program) and AM 730 had their regular programming. 

If anybody cares, if Coast to Coast is not aired in any station in the Vancouver area, I'll just drop any interest in the program entirely.  It's already mostly worthless with Nori as the regular host.

Hey, $6.95/month is not worthless!  And you get half of a live group chat per month with Nori!  Except that one month, he he.

Jojo

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on December 18, 2017, 01:12:03 PM
Bell could give Premiere lessons on how to ruin radio. Your new overnight will be an intern reading the phonebook
Many phone books have trivia or comics on every page.  In the 90s, they have hundreds of call-in codes so, like, if you needed a brownie recipe or how to wash a car, you called a 4-digit code and "the phone company" provided free automated lectures!

Jojo

Quote from: Secret Wife on December 15, 2017, 10:14:36 PM
I Do.
Ha, ha, "I Do"! 

Me too.  Tonite, the first fast (news segment doesn't count).

So, a demon in the sack, eh?

NoMoreNoory

Joorch with Dawna Kaufmann, the great Cyril Wecht's co-writer. He brings up the case of Jon-Benet Ramsey and again tells us that when he's in Bolder Co to record Bee On Bleef he has his driver take a detour past the house. Pervy creep.
Kaufmann talks about Jon-Benet having been sexually assaulted not only prior to being killed, but historically and repeatedly. She used the word 'genital'. No, no!! Shock, horror!! It's all too much for Joorch, who breathlessly and weirdly urges 'Be easy, now. Be easy.' Because God forbid we can acknowledge that little girls have genitals at 2:15 in the morning.

Fucking weird.

WOTR

Just how badly does Dave Noorie suck?  Well, the local station used to play old radio shows until 1:00 AM, run coast and then tack an hour of re-run on at the end before they started their programming for the day.

Now they continue the old radio shows until 2:00 AM.  What does it say when you loose your time to shows produced in 1941 that are in their 100th rerun?

WOTR

Quote from: 136 or 142 on December 18, 2017, 12:57:56 PM

Yes, Coast to Coast will no longer be airing on CKNW.  When CFUN dropped Coast to Coast before CKNW picked it up, it got in the local papers, now, it seems hardly anybody cares.

CKNW is having to come up with new programming to replace their current overnight offering, “Coast to Coast AM’ with George Noory, which has long been the all night show of choice on North American talk radio stations.
The current contract is about to run out, with the subsidiary of Bell Media that controls the Canadian rights to the show.   Bell has decided not to offer to renew on NW, a Corus property, thus forcing the station and its talk radio sister stations across the country to come up with a Canadian-based alternative.[/font]
No word on what other Vancouver station (if any) will be airing “Coast to Coast” in the future.   We assume the George Noory feature will continue uninterrupted on C-FAX 1070 Victoria, a Bell station.

https://www.pugetsoundradio.com/2017/11/28/cknw-replace-night-coast-coast/

I just posted before reading this... Being in Canada, I wonder if this is the reason.  I would not call no coast a loss.   I'll come here Knapp nights, tune in on the net and not waste my time with other shows. 

WOTR

one last update.  It is gone from the local station completely now.  I assume that it may be across Canada (i would be interested to see about Toronto).  Kind of surprising.

Coast still lists them on their affiliate page, the local station still says they carry coast (and even lists it as playing right now.)  I kind of wonder if this is a bargaining tactic- showing Bell that they are serious and will completely cut them out "coast to coast" if they play games.

I have to wonder how the main distributor and owner of coast is handling the news.  Perhaps watching their nightly numbers take a major hit because their Canada distributor can't keep their shit together has them a little concerned. somebody should call in and ask Noory where they went in all of the local markets up here. :)

Quote from: WOTR on December 19, 2017, 03:32:33 AM
I assume that it may be across Canada (i would be interested to see about Toronto).  Kind of surprising.

It wasn't on Corus-owned CFMJ Toronto last night. Could be trouble for Ian Punnet because I seem to recall he does the weekend shows out of their studio

albrecht

Quote from: WOTR on December 19, 2017, 02:35:29 AM
Just how badly does Dave Noorie suck?  Well, the local station used to play old radio shows until 1:00 AM, run coast and then tack an hour of re-run on at the end before they started their programming for the day.

Now they continue the old radio shows until 2:00 AM.  What does it say when you loose your time to shows produced in 1941 that are in their 100th rerun?
In defense of Norry old time radio shows many people weren't around in 1941 and might have never even heard OTR shows before and will be pleasantly surprised as to the quality, especially if they consider Norry's C2C a "radio show." Many of the OTR shows are better than the crap seen on tv today and feature better actors and production quality. Also a 'theater of the mind' since audio only.

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on December 19, 2017, 12:10:30 PM
In defense of Norry old time radio shows many people weren't around in 1941 and might have never even heard OTR shows before and will be pleasantly surprised as to the quality, especially if they consider Norry's C2C a "radio show." Many of the OTR shows are better than the crap seen on tv today and feature better actors and production quality. Also a 'theater of the mind' since audio only.
Absolutely correct.  I recently downloaded all the "X Minus One" radio shows, at no charge.  Classic sci-fi shows that put most of today's radio and TV to shame.  Thanks for reminding me, Albrecht.  I may listen to a few tonight.  "Theater of the mind" can indeed outdo CGI.