• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

Quote from: =Schlyder= on November 06, 2017, 01:34:12 AM
LOL wtf was that music..

do you mean the really really bad folk-y country rock style patriotic song?

=Schlyder=

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on November 06, 2017, 02:11:15 AM
do you mean the really really bad folk-y country rock style patriotic song?

LOL yes.  made my ears bleed.

expat

I just listened to some of that show. OH MY LORD...  JFK not really killed in Dallas, it was a body double. What's the point of even thinking such bollocks, let alone actually saying it in public?

astroguy

Quote from: expat on November 06, 2017, 03:08:41 PM
I just listened to some of that show. OH MY LORD...  JFK not really killed in Dallas, it was a body double. What's the point of even thinking such bollocks, let alone actually saying it in public?
Because you get 22 followers?  Or is it 23 now?

Jackstar

Quote from: expat on November 06, 2017, 03:08:41 PM
What's the point of even thinking such bollocks, let alone actually saying it in public?

I feel like it's weird that you understand astromechanics, but can't seem to grasp how psyop propaganda fascist controlled opposition functions. Is it something like color blindness? Help me out here.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jackstar on November 06, 2017, 03:49:29 PM

I feel like it's weird that you understand astromechanics, but can't seem to grasp how psyop propaganda fascist controlled opposition functions. Is it something like color blindness? Help me out here.

;D

Quote from: =Schlyder= on November 06, 2017, 01:49:31 PM
LOL yes.  made my ears bleed.

hahaha i laughed out loud, Noory's submerging artists who are awful enough can't hold a candle to the shittiness of whoever it is who wrote and performed that song.

Nobody

Quote from: Morgus on November 10, 2017, 04:30:34 PM

Am I to understand that Hoagland used the HD Torsion Technologyâ,,¢ found in the Great Pyramid to bring James Brown back from the dead?

=Schlyder=

LOL and RCH is ranting about Trump.. not even 10 seconds into tuning in. LOL

Nobody

Quote from: Morgus on November 11, 2017, 05:07:01 PM

I see Hoagland has taken up the use of the royal "we."  Given his steady mental decline, that sort of thing was inevitable, I suppose. :(

On the plus side, Hoagland's being a Martian might help to explain some of the more baffling aspects of his behaviour.

Morgus

Hoagie has his imaging panel guests on now.
Sounds like Kynthia has a cat meowing in the background...

Ah, man, somebody should shake whatever tree Zeebo is hibernating in, 'cause
KEITH LANEY and the imaging panel are on!

Just amazing how intelligent people can delude themselves into beliefs backed up by faux science and taking science fiction fantasies literally. The line between genius and insanity is sometimes blurred but unfortunately for Hoagie and his colleagues it isn't, they're clearly insane, a benign insanity.

I wish I was a filmmaker, Netflix is paying very good money for content, a knock-off of My Favorite Martian with Richard C. Hoagland as The Martian would write itself and be hilarious.

TigerLily

Pretty good archology show tonight. A few interesting photos that looked like more than rocks but still pareidolia.  First time I've listened in a long time

TigerLily

Quote from: Étouffée on November 12, 2017, 11:36:43 PM
Ah, man, somebody should shake whatever tree Zeebo is hibernating in, 'cause
KEITH LANEY and the imaging panel are on!

I thought the same thing. But he may have been up in that tree looking at radio with pictures, listening and lurking

TigerLily

Quote from: Morgus on November 12, 2017, 11:29:40 PM
Hoagie has his imaging panel guests on now.
Sounds like Kynthia has a cat meowing in the background...

I heard that too. Not our usual braaps. Did you see her photo? Definitely cat lady material

Lunger

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on November 13, 2017, 12:59:38 AM
Just amazing how intelligent people can delude themselves into beliefs backed up by faux science and taking science fiction fantasies literally. The line between genius and insanity is sometimes blurred but unfortunately for Hoagie and his colleagues it isn't, they're clearly insane, a benign insanity.

I wish I was a filmmaker, Netflix is paying very good money for content, a knock-off of My Favorite Martian with Richard C. Hoagland as The Martian would write itself and be hilarious.

I wouldn't call Hoagie a genius by any means.  He has a mediocre intellect at best.  The ability to twist meaning and accept supposition as fact are not sings of genius.

Nobody

Just amazing how intelligent people can delude themselves into beliefs backed up by faux science and taking science fiction fantasies literally.

On one level, what Hoagland and his bunch get up to is fairly mundane: it's a bunch of like-minded people sitting around convincing themselves how important they are because they are "in the know."  Everyone likes to feel important, and Hoagland certainly seems to enjoy himself when he's laying down how the world works (in his own mind, at least) to the unwashed masses.

Where it starts getting amazing is when it becomes obvious that no absurdity is too ridiculous to pass his lips provided he's convinced it will allow him to continue to command attention.  I'd say that realisation would hit a first-time listener nowadays a lot sooner than it would when Hoagland first started out in 2015.

The line between genius and insanity is sometimes blurred but unfortunately for Hoagie and his colleagues it isn't, they're clearly insane, a benign insanity.

If Hoagland were a Howard Hughes-type capable of funding his own madness, I would consider his madness to be relatively benign.

However, I am convinced that the only reason he's not hustling money from his listeners as aggressively as he once did is because the audience simply isn't there anymore.  In his days as "Science" Advisor on Coast, he asked for money all the time, going so far as to pester the listeners for $80,000 (yes, you read that correctly) for a single trip to Egypt so he could measure his "torsion fields."

I only find his insanity benign so long as he isn't trying to talk gullible people out of money they can ill afford to spare to fund it.  Otherwise, I don't find Hoagland any more benign than any other two-bit hustler. 

This latest gimmick of his (the three-part PowerPoint presentation) shows that he's still at it. And, as usual, anyone who hands him money is likely to receive another warmed-over, repackaged version of the exact same tripe he's been trying to palm off as "science" for the past three decades.

If you're serious about becoming an amateur filmmaker (as opposed to simply passing a casual remark), you might want to consider starting a thread in the technology forum:

http://bellgab.com/index.php?board=39.0

The people there might be able to give you some advice on how to get started.  I can't pretend to understand very much about filmmaking myself, but I'm guessing you might be able to pick up some used video equipment and pirated editing software off eBay for a few hundred dollars and start getting your feet wet.  Even borrowing an older smartphone a friend has lying around might suffice, depending.

I'm not sure how you could shoot a Hoagland stand-in in a grey-haired wig any other way but from a distance and back-to-camera, but then, that's the sort of problem that filmmakers are always working to overcome, eh?  :)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Nobody on November 15, 2017, 02:32:44 AM
On one level, what Hoagland and his bunch get up to is fairly mundane: it's a bunch of like-minded people sitting around convincing themselves how important they are because they are "in the know."  Everyone likes to feel important, and Hoagland certainly seems to enjoy himself when he's laying down how the world works (in his own mind, at least) to the unwashed masses.

Where it starts getting amazing is when it becomes obvious that no absurdity is too ridiculous to pass his lips provided he's convinced it will allow him to continue to command attention.  I'd say that realisation would hit a first-time listener nowadays a lot sooner than it would when Hoagland first started out in 2015.

If Hoagland were a Howard Hughes-type capable of funding his own madness, I would consider his madness to be relatively benign.

However, I am convinced that the only reason he's not hustling money from his listeners as aggressively as he once did is because the audience simply isn't there anymore.  In his days as "Science" Advisor on Coast, he asked for money all the time, going so far as to pester the listeners for $80,000 (yes, you read that correctly) for a single trip to Egypt so he could measure his "torsion fields."

I only find his insanity benign so long as he isn't trying to talk gullible people out of money they can ill afford to spare to fund it.  Otherwise, I don't find Hoagland any more benign than any other two-bit hustler. 

This latest gimmick of his (the three-part PowerPoint presentation) shows that he's still at it. And, as usual, anyone who hands him money is likely to receive another warmed-over, repackaged version of the exact same tripe he's been trying to palm off as "science" for the past three decades.

If you're serious about becoming an amateur filmmaker (as opposed to simply passing a casual remark), you might want to consider starting a thread in the technology forum:

http://bellgab.com/index.php?board=39.0

The people there might be able to give you some advice on how to get started.  I can't pretend to understand very much about filmmaking myself, but I'm guessing you might be able to pick up some used video equipment and pirated editing software off eBay for a few hundred dollars and start getting your feet wet.  Even borrowing an older smartphone a friend has lying around might suffice, depending.

I'm not sure how you could shoot a Hoagland stand-in in a grey-haired wig any other way but from a distance and back-to-camera, but then, that's the sort of problem that filmmakers are always working to overcome, eh?  :)

Listen, stop being such a SJW. Caveat emptor, my friend. I've extracted years of entertainment from Richard, all for free. Anyone who seeks to get paid for entertaining is by definition a hustler.  ;)

Lunger

Quote from: Nobody on November 15, 2017, 02:32:44 AM

Where it starts getting amazing is when it becomes obvious that no absurdity is too ridiculous to pass his lips provided he's convinced it will allow him to continue to command attention... 

When you see things written with such clarity that you just have to laugh out-loud....

Maxwell

Does anyone have a copy, or know where to find, this PowerPoint of Hoagland's?

Nobody

Quote from: TigerLily on November 13, 2017, 02:11:11 AM
I heard that too. Not our usual braaps. Did you see her photo? Definitely cat lady material

I suspect I am in the minority when I confess to having long-ago formed a mental picture of Kynthea as an...er...rather large woman in some sort of kaftan-like garment sporting a very, very unfortunate perm.

[Hangs head in embarrassment as cries of "Shame!" etc. are heard in the background.]

It seems I got the bit about her coiffure wrong because her hairdo is rather good for (dare I say it?) someone her age.  Perhaps Hoagland is giving her styling tips during the breaks?

As for the rest, well...

Sometimes it is more painful to be right than to be wrong. :(

albrecht

Quote from: Maxwell on November 15, 2017, 08:12:05 PM
Does anyone have a copy, or know where to find, this PowerPoint of Hoagland's?
I recall he said it was going to be a pdf and only for members and, then later said, available "in a couple or three days" or something. (My quote might not be correct but it was a weird phrasing that struck me as vague.)  :o
But he also months earlier was claiming work on his "opus." I'm not sure if the pdf is that or not?