• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20131030 - Michael and Nicole Sebastian - Night Terrors and Dream Intrusion

Started by MV/Liberace!, October 30, 2013, 06:24:36 PM

midnight

Quote from: guildnavigator on October 30, 2013, 08:23:56 PM
What was that last piece of bumper music, it was terrible.

"I'm Yours"  by Jason Mraz.  One of my favorite songs!   8)

I'm running behind on the show.  As soon as the show comes on the phone rings, the doorbell rings, hubby needs something, pets need to go outside........Good Grief, everyone PLEASE leave me alone so I can listen to Dark Matter. 

Nova

Quote from: SgtRocko on October 30, 2013, 08:17:43 PM
So let's pool our predictions - tomorrow night Art's going to announce:

1) More Nights/Weekend Host
2) An Art Bell Channel
3) He's gotten control of his old shows from Clearchannel & will play them on weekends...

Other ideas?

4) Weekend Host will be Whitley Strieber

Mhayhurst

I would love a show dedicated to children and past lives. I never believed in this until I heard it with my own ears with my own child. Fascinating.

Job

Quote from: SgtRocko on October 30, 2013, 08:33:14 PM
Gotta admit, would love Friday nights/weekend live shows 'cos you lot are fun to chat with
Aloha all!

The hint was "...in poker parlance, we are all in."  It would be cool if someone here guesses it.

Heather Wade

Quote from: midnight on October 30, 2013, 08:34:39 PM
"I'm Yours"  by Jason Mraz.  One of my favorite songs!   8)

I'm running behind on the show.  As soon as the show comes on the phone rings, the doorbell rings, hubby needs something, pets need to go outside........Good Grief, everyone PLEASE leave me alone so I can listen to Dark Matter.

I hear ya.  Withdrawls are harsh after eight days without.  This is the first night that *everything appears* to be quiet & happy & can listen live again.  Right there with you on that one.

Anyone have night terrors/intense nightmares as a kid?  I did.  Used to dream of a disembodied hand chasing me across the floor, this was way before I ever saw Thing on Addams Family.  Never found Thing funny because of those freaky dreams.  Scared me to death.

littlechris

Quote from: CampsieNP on October 30, 2013, 08:08:53 PM
Hi All. I don't usually post because I have trouble listening and typing. But I love reading all your the next day.
Funny stuff.
I hope Dark Matter announcement is a weekend host. George Knapp I vote for.

Welcome to the club Campsie!! That would be SICK if george knapp jumped the premier ship and joined Dark Matter!!!!!!

eddie dean

Quote from: Job on October 30, 2013, 08:39:27 PM
Aloha all!

The hint was "...in poker parlance, we are all in."  It would be cool if someone here guesses it.

We probably already have. It's gotta be one of em', or a variation of.
What else could it be? hummm

midnight

Quote from: (Redacted) on October 30, 2013, 08:41:21 PM
I hear ya.  Withdrawls are harsh after eight days without.  This is the first night that *everything appears* to be quiet & happy & can listen live again.  Right there with you on that one.

Anyone have night terrors/intense nightmares as a kid?  I did.  Used to dream of a disembodied hand chasing me across the floor, this was way before I ever saw Thing on Addams Family.  Never found Thing funny because of those freaky dreams.  Scared me to death.

I was always trying to crawl in bed with my parents because of nightmares when I was a kid.  Have found as I got older it's sometimes possible to become aware during the dream and take control of it. 

Have had a few times where I would be between awake and asleep, and couldn't go back to sleep OR wake up.  That is very scary.  I've learned to kind of just relax and go with that problem.  It always finally becomes better where I can either wake up completely or just go back to sleep.

I love sleep talk.

SgtRocko

I actually have night terrors on occasion now - but it's because I have PTSD. 

I generally will get night terrors when a day's been super humid or heavy heavy rainy - the crap still in my legs makes them ache, and that ache makes me remember sh*t, and... 

Funny - I rarely remember what I was dreaming about.  But the GF and my neighbours all know it was happening LOL  At least they don't call the cops. 

...anymore LOL

Heather Wade

Houston, we have a problem with The Wormhole. 

It appears to be closed.  Keith?  Producer Paul?  Anyone?   ???

eddie dean

Quote from: nika01 on October 30, 2013, 08:44:55 PM
It doesnt have to be a good thing

It better be good news!
I hope Art isn't retiring again!
uh ohh. ducking for cover

Heather Wade

Quote from: Spinner on October 30, 2013, 08:47:14 PM
I love this song...
I think it's called "Night Shift"?

Can't remember who sang it though, but I dig it too.   ;)  Art is busting out new bumpers tonight.

steelbot

Quote from: (Redacted) on October 30, 2013, 08:51:15 PM
Houston, we have a problem with The Wormhole. 

It appears to be closed.  Keith?  Producer Paul?  Anyone?   ???
You can only send messages per segments or something like that I saw it the other day.  I'm pretty sure it's an anti-flooding measure.

SgtRocko

Quote from: eddie dean on October 30, 2013, 08:52:18 PM
It better be good news!
I hope Art isn't retiring again!
uh ohh. ducking for cover

Sounds like we're all - or mostly all - of the same mind.  Art started out with four days, and it's HUGE now, so I'm thinking he's going to add more days or time.  With the huge listenership, you KNOW XM is pushing him to do more shows.

Just a thought... an all-out war with Dave?

nika01

I hope it is good news. I like the idea of George Knapp jumping ship. Since he is obviously a man of integrity, it must pain him to be where he has been.

Spinner

Quote from: (Redacted) on October 30, 2013, 08:52:33 PM
Can't remember who sang it though, but I dig it too.   ;)  Art is busting out new bumpers tonight.
Wikipedia to the rescue:

"Nightshift" is a 1985 hit song by the Commodores and title track from the album of the same name. The song was a tribute to Jackie Wilson and Marvin Gaye, two famous R&B musicians who had died in 1984.

dortmunder

Interesting choice of music tonight. I'm gonna have all new songs stuck in my head  :)

Quote from: (Redacted) on October 30, 2013, 08:52:33 PM

Commodores?  Good song.

I wasn't sure about this show, but I'm liking these guests a lot. Pretty interesting subject matter. Nicole's voice doesn't match up with her photo, though.

I have to drift off now. Huuuuuuuuuuuu

steelbot

My only re-occuring nightmare from childhood ended during childhood but it was after seeing the movie with Gene Simmons and Tom Seleck - those mechanical spiders, i had dreams they had taken over my house, and neighborhood, and all sorts of shit like that - I to this day have a real fear of spiders, but now i don't just lock up, where I used to just freeze up and figure out what am i going to kill this with lol

SgtRocko

Quote from: steelbot on October 30, 2013, 08:58:24 PM
My only re-occuring nightmare from childhood ended during childhood but it was after seeing the movie with Gene Simmons and Tom Seleck - those mechanical spiders, i had dreams they had taken over my house, and neighborhood, and all sorts of shit like that - I to this day have a real fear of spiders, but now i don't just lock up, where I used to just freeze up and figure out what am i going to kill this with lol

I wasn't able to come on here when Art was talking about HIS spider situation - I immediately thought of you

nika01

How popular is Dark Matter? I have tried to find ratings info, hoping to see the slide of c2c and the rise of DM.