• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20131030 - Michael and Nicole Sebastian - Night Terrors and Dream Intrusion

Started by MV/Liberace!, October 30, 2013, 06:24:36 PM

The General

Quote from: WildCard on October 30, 2013, 09:52:56 PM
Only reference I find is Eckanar.
Eckenkar.  Weird religious cult founded in 1965 by Paul Twitchell.  They chant "HU."  They see it as some kind of 'divine love song to God.'  I attended their church once to humor a cute girl.  Everybody in there looked brainwashed and psycho to me.  It was surreal. 

Anyway, they stole the HU thing from the Sufi's. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hu_(Sufism)

WildCard

Quote from: SgtRocko on October 30, 2013, 09:56:20 PM
Okay, gonna open up to you guys a bit.

My most vivid dream ever came about 2 years after my mom died of cancer.  It was THE most real, vivid, clear dream I've ever had.  I dream that my mother came back, but in good health and all.  I showed here everything that was going on - some redecorating going on, a new car, the promotion I got at work, etc.  She kept holding my hand like she liked to do in life.  I remember that just as I was about to take her out to show her the summer place my family goes to, she smiled, and said "oh, but I have to go now.  I'm proud of you, but I have to get back. You're doing well and I love you".  Then... she was just gone.

It was SO real, and I still remember every detail.  It feels like an actual memory.   The ending...  I felt so UP about it... but when she was gone again, it was the same raw wound as the day she died.  VERY hard.  But... weird, and I can't explain it... while it was wrenching, I also noticed the raw grief I had inside was gone.  I'm at peace with her Going Home now.  Still miss her, of course, but I feel... well, that overused word "closure" is about the best word.

Mock away, but it was one heckuva real dream.
Very cool, Sgt.

I do hate when the dead ones come back in my dreams and I am having just a great time with them....Until I wake up and realize that it was a dream and they are really dead. Sucks.

bateman

One of my most vivid dreams involved The New Adventures of Jonny Quest.

No, I don't know either.

My most vivid dream ever came about 2 years after my mom died of cancer.  It was THE most real, vivid, clear dream I've ever had.

That one is worth calling in and telling Art about. This DM show or another DM show.

Chine

Ah, Art brought up my wormhole about the guest's perception of those in the craft. 

midnight

My most vivid dream ever came about 2 years after my mom died of cancer.  It was THE most real, vivid, clear dream I've ever had.  I dream that my mother came back, but in good health and all.  I showed here everything that was going on - some redecorating going on, a new car, the promotion I got at work, etc.  She kept holding my hand like she liked to do in life.  I remember that just as I was about to take her out to show her the summer place my family goes to, she smiled, and said "oh, but I have to go now.  I'm proud of you, but I have to get back. You're doing well and I love you".  Then... she was just gone.

It was SO real, and I still remember every detail.  It feels like an actual memory.   The ending...  I felt so UP about it... but when she was gone again, it was the same raw wound as the day she died.  VERY hard.  But... weird, and I can't explain it... while it was wrenching, I also noticed the raw grief I had inside was gone.  I'm at peace with her Going Home now.  Still miss her, of course, but I feel... well, that overused word "closure" is about the best word.

Not going to mock because I had a very similar experience after my best friend's death.  I think these are very true experiences, just on a different level than our everyday life.  They're real in their own way.

bateman

Moving.

maren

Same thing happened to me, Sgt, but my Mom didn't stick around as long.  What was interesting was that she was younger (by about 30 years) and healthy, like your Mom.  I knew she had died and she was there (sitting in our den and with just the tv on for light and my brother and I walked in) and I started screaming "Look!  Mom is here to show us she's okay!" and she was smiling and nodding and she looked GREAT!  You can just FEEL that it's real -- again, like you said, like no other dream.  Impossible to describe.

Thanks to both our Moms!

Spinner

Dream? Hmmm...  sounds more like a gift.

Chine

SgtRocko

Quote from: maren on October 30, 2013, 10:16:02 PM
Same thing happened to me, Sgt, but my Mom didn't stick around as long.  What was interesting was that she was younger (by about 30 years) and healthy, like your Mom.  I knew she had died and she was there (sitting in our den and with just the tv on for light and my brother and I walked in) and I started screaming "Look!  Mom is here to show us she's okay!" and she was smiling and nodding and she looked GREAT!  You can just FEEL that it's real -- again, like you said, like no other dream.  Impossible to describe.

Thanks to both our Moms!

Exactly!  In the dream, when I saw her, I even said "I thought you'd died", and she responded "Oh, I did"

DanTSX

This sounds like a Noory guest.

"Your puppies join you in Heaven!" :o

C'mon >:(

steelbot

I saw my mother once in a dream, and it was years after her passing...Nothing new or profound, just that she and I were on vacation again (we used to take a specific vacation every year) and this was now well into adulthood (she passed when I was 13) but again, it wasn't something that I had any real interaction with her to a level of being aware of it.  She didn't say anything to discount her reason for being there, and I didn't say or do anything for the fact that she was now present.  When I woke up, I remember saying wow that was a cool dream and a realistic portrayal of something we would have done in the past and just chalked it up to some sort of memory or a "dream".

mattjs2732

Oh wow, got right through on Skype tonight! Whoo hoo! Talk about freaky!

Chine

Quote from: I Suck on October 30, 2013, 10:14:18 PM
I love the dreams that stay with you for LIFE.  They are amazing in that you sometimes have to take a sec to remember it was a dream.  I've asked my dad about this and he did not know what that was like.  It never happened to him. 

And one year exactly from my mothers death an amazing comforting dream of her that has really helped me at times :)

And with mentioning, I tend to be an open minded skeptic as oxymoronic as that sounds.  This helped me lean a little to believing, I just don't know in what.

I remember those I've had as far back as the age of 6 or 7 yrs of age. I drew them in full detail. Remember them vividly. I kept pages of my dreams. I still paint from my dreams.

When I was 12, I dreamt of figures dancing and their masks. Drew them out. Twenty years later, I'm performing in a production in NYC. I go backstage and see props built by interns. There were my masks, in full detail...the characters in my dream at 12.

jazmunda

I often see my grandparents in dreams but they can never talk to me.

mattjs2732

Quote from: Sumthins Goin On on October 30, 2013, 10:48:42 PM
I see Hu're new here.
I've been a lurker and do the occasional post, but never quite got the scorpion army thing..