• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Props to Eddie Coyle

Started by Pertzborn, January 19, 2012, 08:58:11 PM

Pertzborn

I was intrigued by your uncanny resemblance to a sad-looking Robert Mitchum sitting alone at a bar.  Google led me to a fine 70s crime film which somehow escaped my notice for nearly 40 years.  Thanks!

Avi

Aw, man. Don't be swelling Eeyore's head any further! Besides, a happy thought might give him a stroke.  :P (I just had to include a cutesy smiley to rub salt in the wound).

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Pertzborn on January 19, 2012, 08:58:11 PM
I was intrigued by your uncanny resemblance to a sad-looking Robert Mitchum sitting alone at a bar.  Google led me to a fine 70s crime film which somehow escaped my notice for nearly 40 years.  Thanks!

Cool-glad you liked it. It's one of those critically acclaimed, but not particularly well known films-despite having major names like Mitchum and Boyle...kind of a down beat film, so it's bound to never really get that widespread appeal(i.e. not enough violence for hammerheads and no romance for women)

I get violently ill at the thought of someone like Ben Affleck or Mark Wahlberg remaking this film...and my pessimism indicates they will. The dialogue will vanish and the body count will increase. That's Entertainment!

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Avi on January 19, 2012, 09:12:49 PM
Aw, man. Don't be swelling Eeyore's head any further! Besides, a happy thought might give him a stroke.  :P (I just had to include a cutesy smiley to rub salt in the wound).

Now Avi, don't make me sic Alejandro on you. He has hours of Alex Jones clips heading your way, if you don't make nice with me. I'm using Nixon's "Madman Theory" here, boyo!

Avi

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on January 19, 2012, 10:02:12 PM
       Now Avi, don't make me sic Alejandro on you. He has hours of Alex Jones clips heading your way, if you don't make nice with me. I'm using Nixon's "Madman Theory" here, boyo!

Now, that's a threat, ye canny auld Corker. I thought I could defeat alejandro with a blizzard of verbosity, but he no comprendo. He's the kind of madman Nixon could only dream of being. Of course, I could retaliate with Carl Sagan's Cosmos: billions and billions.

Carl Sagan - Millions, Billions and Trillions. All the illions from Cosmos and in order.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Avi on January 19, 2012, 10:14:05 PM
I thought I could defeat alejandro with a blizzard of verbosity, but he no comprendo.

Yes, that was quite amusing...it was a reminder of why I stopped socializing with people all those years ago. "Wasted Words" as the Allman Brothers once sang. You realize that things like logic and rational discourse are probably futile.

Avi

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on January 19, 2012, 10:21:53 PM
      Yes, that was quite amusing...it was a reminder of why I stopped socializing with people all those years ago. "Wasted Words" as the Allman Brothers once sang. You realize that things like logic and rational discourse are probably futile.

Yes, but the most hurtful thing is having to stand in line behind Rahm Emanuel for alejandro's heart.

Quote from: Avi on January 20, 2012, 03:26:42 AM
Yes, but the most hurtful thing is having to stand in line behind Rahm Emanuel for alejandro's heart.

Well, hell.  There goes another keyboard.  Not to mention my morning cupa'.  I love starting the day with aching sides... :-*

alejandro

Damn, I always thought that guy was Detective Columbo.

Avi

Quote from: alejandro on January 20, 2012, 09:15:47 AM
Damn, I always thought that guy was Detective Columbo.

alejandro's type: ballet dancers who can look in two directions at once while smoking a stogie.

PChirp

Hey There Eddie,

Just wondering how you were doing.  Been checking in and out since Art started and wanted to catch your posts.  Been a long time fan since 2011.  Hope all is well up there in the big city.

All The Best---Take Care

PChirp (John)