• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150921 - Dr. Jeffrey Long - NDEs - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by jazmunda, September 21, 2015, 04:43:34 PM

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on September 21, 2015, 10:21:08 PM
It's more powerful than they need for ISS missions, though.  I don't think they would be building it if they didn't have a very strong expectation to go to Mars, or at least leave Earth's orbit.

The general plan at this point is to visit an asteroid, at least that's what Obama laid out after they gutted the original heavy lift rocket project and replaced it with a practically identical heavy lift rocket project. But it can indeed go to Mars.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on September 21, 2015, 10:17:34 PM
Yep, he's been the NASA Administrator throughout the Obama administration.

Wow.  I briefed him on JSF at Pax back in the late 90s, he was one of a number of tri-service, senior military tactical aviators.  He made quite an impression on the JSF JPO engineering staff.  I'll leave it at that.

chefist

Quote from: lonevoice on September 21, 2015, 10:22:51 PM
I can't believe I heard that.  Who in the world would do that?  Only Art Bell.

Hi Lone! How was your bday get together?

Weirdoradio

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on September 21, 2015, 10:18:53 PM
Maybe you should host a show for Premiere.
STRAIGHT
HOURS
OPEN LINES
EVERY
NIGHT

"Was it angels?"
"Tell me more."
"I'll definitely add their name to our prayer list."

maren

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on September 21, 2015, 10:18:52 PM
Good evening folks! 

One hugely important point I've never heard mentioned in any discussion of NDEs is the use of sedatives in resuscitation efforts.  Many of the drugs used in an emergency situation have an amnesiac effect, blocking memories of the near-death experience.  I hope this guest discusses this issue.

Wormhole Art!  Good question!!

Designx

Quote from: Donald Noory on September 21, 2015, 10:24:08 PM
It's DMT being released into the brain.
Sounds about right. Could be evolutionary to ease the process of death.

jazmunda

I had never heard of NDEs until I started listening to Art.

ACE of CLUBS

Quote from: WhiteCrow on September 21, 2015, 10:21:30 PM
My son was completly brain dead for 3 weeks, no brain activity, full life support.
Doesn't remember anything from 3 weeks

Did he return to full brain/body function?
Was this trauma a result of a head injury?
Best of luck to your son ......

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on September 21, 2015, 10:23:32 PM
The general plan at this point is to visit an asteroid, at least that's what Obama laid out after they gutted the original heavy lift rocket project and replaced it with a practically identical heavy lift rocket project. But it can indeed go to Mars.

Okay.  I was going to say asteroid but then I couldn't remember if I made that up.

starrmtn001

I'm quite tired tonight so I'm listening in bed.  Good night folks. :D

Quote from: Uncle Duke on September 21, 2015, 10:25:02 PM
Wow.  I briefed him on JSF at Pax back in the late 90s, he was one of a number of tri-service, senior military tactical aviators.  He made quite an impression on the JSF JPO engineering staff.  I'll leave it at that.

Time to call in some favours?  ;D

coaster

Its been interesting so far. Its a really fascinating subject.

PrairieGhost

I had an OBE that lead me over the house of my aunt that died of cancer that same morning. It was like she was saying good bye and then I Zipped right back into my body. Would that be an OBE effected by the death of another? Like a guide? Never had another one in my life.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on September 21, 2015, 10:29:21 PM
Okay.  I was going to say asteroid but then I couldn't remember if I made that up.

It's actually kind of a cool idea, especially if they go to a carbonaceous one. It's also much easier and cheaper than a manned Mars mission.

AppealPlay

I feel like NDEs are *mostly* hallucinations brought on either by natural processes in the brain or medications given to dying people.

chefist

Quote from: littlechris on September 21, 2015, 10:29:11 PM
Blame Chefy yall.

Lol I thought bringing up the topic would produce an interesting animated gif....but this will do!

Weirdoradio

Free 15 minute debt analysis, eh?

30 seconds of: "You're in debt."
14.5 (+5 for all you BRAAPS folks out there) minutes of: "Would you like to buy a used car?"

maren

Questions about the "stations will only have to flip a switch".

Does that boot out someone in the same time slot?  Do/can we listen on terrestrial radio (so I don't have to keep bringing my laptop to bed with me).  If so, what happens to advertising revenue.  And if not, what's in it for the stations?

Answer me like I'm a 4th grader -- I don't understand this (obviously).

Thanks, you Brappin' Brainiacs! 

ShayP

Quote from: starrmtn001 on September 21, 2015, 10:30:26 PM
I'm quite tired tonight so I'm listening in bed.  Good night folks. :D

G'nite!  :)  Assuming no Hoagie either.  :-\  Yeah....me too.