• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150915 - Loyd Auerbach - Parapsychology - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by jazmunda, September 15, 2015, 09:47:38 PM

coaster

Quote from: Mebee on September 16, 2015, 10:44:38 AM
Big kudos to Art for suggesting that people "check it out" before believing BS stories on sites like BEFOREITSNEWS.  People should realize that it's common for jerks to post nonsense on those sites just to yank gullible people's chains.
We are all aware of the internet, thank you. Stop being such a twat.

nika01

Quote from: coaster on September 16, 2015, 11:52:56 AM
We are all aware of the internet, thank you. Stop being such a twat.

He was just trying to be helpful. Sad to say, I think some people are not aware. Back in the 60's people were calling the Coast Guard to rescue Gilligan.

ziznak

this was a great show... listened on the way into work and I'm just now finishing it up.

ZomZom

Finished the archive on the commute home and I'm going to have to be the naysayer on this one.  My favorite part of the show was the last caller, Mathew the atheist.  I thought Auerbach's response and dismissal of the JREF challenge was disingenuous or delusional.

I much prefer guests who have first-hand accounts to tell, such as Elaine the Bigfoot lady, rather than researchers who can only tell second-hand accounts.  The bar is much higher for researchers both as entertainment and as purveyors of knowledge.  Unless they are challenged to explain how they know what they know, and successfully meet those challenges, we are left with their second-hand anecdotes which are much less interesting than first-person accounts.

chefist

I just finished the show... It was excellent! The calls were great too!

Auslandia

Quote from: nika01 on September 16, 2015, 12:03:17 PM
He was just trying to be helpful. Sad to say, I think some people are not aware. Back in the 60's people were calling the Coast Guard to rescue Gilligan.

Well we should probably let natural selection take care of those types of brain surgeons.