• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150910 - David Pares - Warp Drive - Live Show Thread

Started by jazmunda, September 10, 2015, 07:37:02 PM

starrmtn001

Nebraska is in Tornado Alley.  Good testing grounds.

Bradsmith313

Quote from: Juan Cena on September 10, 2015, 10:28:12 PM
I wonder if the U of Nebraska has a Flat Earth Society as well.
God it's so flat back there . . . .

ProfessorLoco

Sorry to break the conversation.  I'd like to say that this guest is coming off a little less than believable.   

sydtron

Quote from: Juan Cena on September 10, 2015, 10:21:30 PM
I'd love to have a show on the theory of the universe being a holographic projection of a 2-D universe made of information. If only for the chance to discuss Warren Ellis' informational drive that accessed (hacked) the 2-D universe and rewrites the localized information inside it as it's fuel and to warp space around it. (The information would revert to normal afterwords).

Thats fucked!!  but I like it!!

Juan Cena

Quote from: albrecht on September 10, 2015, 10:26:35 PM
I enjoy those speculations but I also wonder if they aren't "old" ideas re-hashed to a more computer age mentality or frame of reference? (Mind of God, Stoicism, Spinoza, various Eastern 'stuff' etc in a way?)

In theory you could take any scientific theory and find connections to philosophic thought.

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: ProfessorLoco on September 10, 2015, 10:32:25 PM
Sorry to break the conversation.  I'd like to say that this guest is coming off a little less than believable.   

Did he claim there is a pie-eating hippie Bigfoot living in his back yard?   ;D

Juan Cena

Quote from: ProfessorLoco on September 10, 2015, 10:32:25 PM

Because?

WhiteCrow

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on September 10, 2015, 10:23:30 PM
Elon's jumping the gun. Just redirect a few asteroids to impact the poles and release the carbon dioxide.

Elton should be on MITD... he's got the nutter qualifications

Sonofaloon is a disgrace to the name of Tesla.

WanagoBleu

Quote from: Juan Cena on September 10, 2015, 10:33:25 PM
In theory you could take any scientific theory and find connections to philosophic thought.
Buddhism backwards......Or is that reversed?

sydtron

4.....Just Dial 4....

lol

That commercial always reminds me of The Art Bell parodies by Phil Hendrie.

WanagoBleu

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on September 10, 2015, 10:33:30 PM
LOL. I saw what you did there....

Juan Cena

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on September 10, 2015, 10:33:30 PM

He could claim Bo Pelini was a space alien, and he would probably be at least credible.

maren

Quote from: QuantumMystics on September 10, 2015, 10:12:48 PM
With no magnetic field i don't see how it will work.

Thanks -- I'm a big Elon Musk admirer.  I'm guessing this aired on Wednesday night?  Boy, he seems pretty humorless, but I still think he's impressive!  Now I'm off to hunt down the entire interview, so thanks again for alerting me to this!!

albrecht

Quote from: Juan Cena on September 10, 2015, 10:33:25 PM
Certainly in the more speculative and theoretical areas but there seems to have been a branching off from "science" and philosophy and then in science between "mathematical" models and "testable" ones. (One reason I like Dr. Ronald Mallet as a guest because he recognizes this but continues in both.)  But both do come from the same root which was, even then, a combination of both types (thought and physical experiments, albeit more basic) interestingly.

Dyna-X

I'm thinking there is a catch here, he may have ideas for a warp drive, maybe even prototyped some parts but not created a working warp drive.

Juan Cena

Quote from: WanagoBleu on September 10, 2015, 10:36:07 PM
Buddhism backwards......Or is that reversed?

The old college & career pastor at my Church's stupid human trick was that he could clap with one hand. He pretty much destroyed Zen Buddhîsm doing that.

trostol

Quote from: Dyna-X on September 10, 2015, 10:40:34 PM
I'm thinking there is a catch here, he may have ideas for a warp drive, maybe even prototyped some parts but not created a working warp drive.

yeah..sounds about right

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: WhiteCrow on September 10, 2015, 10:35:50 PM
Elton should be on MITD... he's got the nutter qualifications

Sonofaloon is a disgrace to the name of Tesla.

Right, and he's a complete failure as well.

I'll just leave this right here...

Elon Musk's Net Worth Is More Than The GDP Of Nicaragua â€" & 54 Other Countries

http://www.bustle.com/articles/109479-elon-musks-net-worth-is-more-than-the-gdp-of-nicaragua-54-other-countries

starrmtn001

Sounds like a tornado's innards.  I must have missed something. :-[