• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150826 - Marcus Hutter, A.I. - Live Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, August 26, 2015, 09:49:15 PM

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: ShayP on August 26, 2015, 11:13:19 PM
I would worship it.  ;D

We all would, it wouldn't be a choice. All hail ROBOHOAGLAND.

popple

Quote from: PrairieGhost on August 26, 2015, 11:08:30 PM
Was just joking! ;D You win!

I just had to dress him in that iconic turtlneck with the medallion! Thank you :'D <33

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: whiptrackercracker on August 26, 2015, 11:14:50 PM
Yep. Bill Gates and Elon Musk also recently expressed concern. Ray Kurzweil seems to be one of the few that is not concerned.

Kurzweil is probably more right than the rest of them. Humans will be the superintelligence before the computers will be.

Bradsmith313

Yep. Bill Gates and Elon Musk also recently expressed concern. Ray Kurzweil seems to be one of the few that is not concerned.
Kurzweil wants us to be assimilated in time for the Singularity.

boxman

So I missed the start of the show.. How is it compared to last nights show??
Has Art recovered after yesterdays show?

boxman

Dr_Blue

Quote from: QuantumMystics on August 26, 2015, 11:16:39 PM
Art's turning into Ahunold da Terminator.

Ya, this talk had me thinking terminator also.

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on August 26, 2015, 11:16:06 PM
Kurzweil is probably more right than the rest of them. Humans will be the superintelligence before the computers will be.

That's correct in the sense that a robot, a program and artificial intelligence in general is a representation of a human programmer.  The whole "self awareness" thing is silly.

inuk2600

I don't know about Kurzweil, he's a supergenious but he seems to be delusional about some things.

JoeStrong

Row, row, row your bot
Gently Down the stream.
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily,
Life is but a dream

Juan Cena

I kind of wish Art had Guster's "Simple Machine" as bumper music tonight.

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on August 26, 2015, 11:16:06 PM

Perhaps. Its pretty evenly split amongst AI legends to which direction it will go. Gasson, Degaris, and Warwick tend to take the fatalistic approach while still thinking it is necessary for us to still do it.

ShayP

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on August 26, 2015, 11:18:39 PM
That's correct in the sense that a robot, a program and artificial intelligence in general is a representation of a human programmer.  The whole "self awareness" thing is silly.

Well, also in that we're closer to a biotechnological revolution than we are in creating a truly superintelligent AI. We'll be able to enhance our own intelligence a decade or so before we can get an AI that surpasses current human intelligence. One field is moving faster than that other.

swordpoint9

Quote from: Juan Cena on August 26, 2015, 11:19:21 PM
I kind of wish Art had Guster's "Simple Machine" as bumper music tonight.
That would be epic !

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: inuk2600 on August 26, 2015, 11:18:50 PM
I don't know about Kurzweil, he's a supergenious but he seems to be delusional about some things.

I don't know about him, either.  He's way too quick to embrace computer chips inserted into the human brain.

Apparently he's not at all concerned about this whole NSA thing.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on August 26, 2015, 11:22:38 PM
I don't know about him, either.  He's way too quick to embrace computer chips inserted into the human brain.

We already do it. It's just a matter of how it's framed. It will start as a medical technology then it will become an entertainment technology and then it will evolve into an educational/intelligence tech.