• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150820 - Barbara McBeath & Brendan Cook, EVP - Live Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, August 20, 2015, 09:22:49 PM

Textor

Quote from: TigerLily on August 20, 2015, 10:06:15 PM
High all.  Get to listen live tonight. EVPs scare the merde out of me and gis is the best.  Listening to this one with the lights off. Verry scarrey boys and girls.

You listen to Art Bell with the lights ON normally?

Saltheart

Quote from: WanagoBleu on August 20, 2015, 10:02:50 PM
Good evening all.
Hey, you snagged my avatar! But I welcome to the board anyone who knows the story!

sydtron

Dark basement.  Holding a Camel Light vigil. 

SMoke em if yah got em!

Hog

You down with EVP.
Ya you know me.
You down with EVP.
Ya you know me.
Who's down with EVP.
Every last crazy.

peace
Hog

trostol

Quote from: bateman on August 20, 2015, 10:04:53 PM
Amazing that some people are dumb enough to sign up for that shit using .gov or .mil accounts.

seriously..wikth all the free emails out there lets sign up with something super easy to trace

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Designx on August 20, 2015, 09:58:51 PM
Gosh the EVP stuff is the most B.S. of all B.S. paranormal stuff out there but it's hella funny to listen to.

i disagree.  i've recorded them myself.

AppealPlay

I don't believe in ghosts as they are traditionally thought of (I view it as a demonic manifestation) but even so the EVPs of children are unsettling.

kingotnw

Looking forward to this show! Hopefully, everyone in here won't tear them apart and nit pick their EVPs to the point of ruining it for everyone! Lol

Textor

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on August 20, 2015, 10:08:06 PM
I don't believe in ghosts as they are traditionally thought of (I view it as a demonic manifestation) but even so the EVPs of children are unsettling.

I think on Dark Matter they had a whole conversation about "what's with all the creepy ghost kids?" and I think they came up with the answer of "demons trying to trick you."

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on August 20, 2015, 10:02:00 PM
I think Art is angry with us at BellGab.  We no get love no more. :-[

i think he just got tired of having to thank 30,000 people at the beginning of the show.

Steven.G

The only EVP equipment you need is a dog. Not only are they just as effective but they provide good company and I am sure will be the first to let you know when to GTFO.

Quote from: MV on August 20, 2015, 10:07:51 PM

I must have bad BO to a ghost then. I've gone in with an open mind and had zip, nothing that was worth writing home to.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Uncle Duke on August 20, 2015, 10:02:58 PM
Anyone know the LDS Church position on ghosts?  I know just because the GIS team is based in Utah does not mean they are Mormons, but knowing how much the Church controls thing there, the GIS team must have had dealings with LDS in their in-state investigations.

i believe they said one of the GIS members is LDS.

Textor

Quote from: kingotnw on August 20, 2015, 10:08:11 PM
Looking forward to this show! Hopefully, everyone in here won't tear them apart and nit pick their EVPs to the point of ruining it for everyone! Lol
I wish EVPs would be a bit longer. The little half-second long noise you have to listen to 80 times to go, "hey, that KINDA sounds like <insert English word here>" are a bit annoying.

I've gone out to the craziest haunted places to record EVPs but I never had the attention span to spend the two hours listening back to them. The ghosts could have told me the cure for cancer and I'd have no idea.  ;D

Bad Grandma

Quote from: MV on August 20, 2015, 10:09:50 PM
i believe they said one of the GIS members is LDS.

So.. they're prone to believe in nonsense?

AppealPlay

Quote from: Textor on August 20, 2015, 10:09:05 PM
I think on Dark Matter they had a whole conversation about "what's with all the creepy ghost kids?" and I think they came up with the answer of "demons trying to trick you."

That's more or less my view.  It seems completely demonic to me.  Creepy regardless of what it truly is.

Textor

Quote from: VoteQuimby on August 20, 2015, 10:10:52 PM
I've gone out to he craziest haunted places to record EVPs but I never had the attention span to spend the two hours listening back to them. The ghosts could have told me the cure for cancer and I'd have no idea.  ;D

They probably told you where a stash of hidden money from a bank robbery in the 1920s was hidden, but you just refused to listen. Now you've missed out on a trove of really old cash.

Gumby, Dammit

Quote from: Quick Karl on August 20, 2015, 10:04:36 PM
Ahhhhhh that shit bores the fuck outta me!   :(

I'll see how long I can stand it...
Some people believe in EVP and ghosts speaking into cheap-ass tape recorder microphones...
I believe in Art friggin Bell
I believe that no matter what, either Hitlery OR Jeb, will turn this country into what it once was...an arctic region covered with ice.
I believe that women should be put on a pedestal...just high enough you can look up their skirts.
I believe that robots are stealing my luggage.
I beleef that George fucking Nooron will suck eggs and get caught finally.

boxman

Quote from: MV on August 20, 2015, 10:07:51 PM
But at the same time completely explained by the pareidolia effect.
With most of the EVP's we only hear the same because we are told first what to listen for.
Try to look up some EVP's on youtube and dont read the captions before listening and you will most likely not hear the same words as they claim. This effect is all about expectations, so you will basically hear what you expect to hear.

Edit: that being said.. There are these few rare expectations.

Quote from: Textor on August 20, 2015, 10:11:54 PM
They probably told you where a stash of hidden money from a bank robbery in the 1920s was hidden, but you just refused to listen. Now you've missed out on a trove of really old cash.

How would I turn 1920s currency into Bitcoin without the government knowing?  ???

Bradsmith313

Quote from: whiptrackercracker on August 20, 2015, 10:04:56 PM
I've seen them around. I have no doubt they have knocked heads with the church a time or two. I'm sure the church does not support it.
I know that the LDS Church will conduct blessings and similar rituals. I know that an ex of mine, she was a LDS, had some issues and asked her bishop for help.