• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20130930 - Michael Heiser - UFOlogy

Started by MV/Liberace!, September 30, 2013, 05:01:50 PM

shell88

Quote from: Maxwell on September 30, 2013, 08:18:56 PM
Am I the only one who thinks Art sounds a lot like Leonard Nimoy?
I detect a bit of Nemoy's voice though I don't know whether it's because it's been suggested or if it's actually because it is similar. Art's voice is a lot deeper than Nimoy's.  Some of the accents seem similar. 

SgtRocko

Made the mistake of listening to C2C Friday night, so offensive to me I even unsubscribed to the e-mail list... SOOOO good to have Art back!

steelbot

I submitted the Ghostly Matters as an alternative - I like that one!

coaster

The new Area 51 photo story sounds like a bunch of nonsense.

phrodo

Quote from: shell88 on September 30, 2013, 08:29:54 PM
I detect a bit of Nemoy's voice though I don't know whether it's because it's been suggested or if it's actually because it is similar. Art's voice is a lot deeper than Nimoy's.  Some of the accents seem similar.

I was thinking Nimoy sounded like Art (and posted same) when he played that In Search Of clip with Marcel last week. Art indeed has deeper pipes - but some of their inflections are similar.

steelbot

Quote from: SgtRocko on September 30, 2013, 08:30:42 PM
Made the mistake of listening to C2C Friday night, so offensive to me I even unsubscribed to the e-mail list... SOOOO good to have Art back!
Yeah - I like John B. Welles but he was imitating a British person, and mocking them, very unprofessional - And I Am one of the few that likes JBW - (or maybe it's his Soothing, put ya to sleep voice) but still - it kinda pushed me off!

PrairieGhost

I finally made it on here! How's everyone tonight?

Made it back into town just in time for Dark Matter! w00t

Heather Wade

Quote from: steelbot on September 30, 2013, 08:30:50 PM
I submitted the Ghostly Matters as an alternative - I like that one!

No way!  Cool!  I forget which thread, but someone here came up with it; not me, I just dug it. 

nofAcedAgent

Quote from: shell88 on September 30, 2013, 08:29:54 PM

When Art played that clip from In Search Of... with Nimoy narrating I actually thought it was Art until someone on the board pointed out it was Lenord ;p

steelbot

my puppy - Nova (after SuperNova) approves of this program =P http://imgur.com/a/ZIm44

SgtRocko

Quote from: steelbot on September 30, 2013, 08:31:57 PM
Yeah - I like John B. Welles but he was imitating a British person, and mocking them, very unprofessional - And I Am one of the few that likes JBW - (or maybe it's his Soothing, put ya to sleep voice) but still - it kinda pushed me off!

I generally like him, too - but... well, this isn't about world politics, so let's just say while I have a thick-ish skin, one of the guest was allowed to lie & rant without being challenged, and... well... life's too long to be annoyed. 

And to my fellow Saints fans... WHO DAT!

herbalizer

Driving around in Grand Theft Auto 5 collecting UFO parts while listening to Dark Matter is just..sublime.

Heather Wade

Quote from: PrairieGhost on September 30, 2013, 08:32:15 PM
I finally made it on here! How's everyone tonight?

Hey PrairieGhost, I think it's smiles all 'round at the moment!
You comfy & buckled in for the ride?

steelbot

Quote from: SgtRocko on September 30, 2013, 08:34:25 PM
I generally like him, too - but... well, this isn't about world politics, so let's just say while I have a thick-ish skin, one of the guest was allowed to lie & rant without being challenged, and... well... life's too long to be annoyed. 

And to my fellow Saints fans... WHO DAT!
OH Totally, I get it - he's pushed very political now!

Falkie2013

Quote from: Spinner on September 30, 2013, 08:13:01 PM
Hmm...
Sounds like the name for the ghost stories show will be "Dark Matter Halloween"
Scarier even than a George Noory Pizza Roll Night of Terror ON Halloween even.

Ward

Quote from: herbalizer on September 30, 2013, 08:34:54 PM
Driving around in Grand Theft Auto 5 collecting UFO parts while listening to Dark Matter is just..sublime.

lol there are UFO's in GTA 5?

PrairieGhost

Quote from: Redacted on September 30, 2013, 08:35:03 PM
Hey PrairieGhost, I think it's smiles all 'round at the moment!
You comfy & buckled in for the ride?

Yep, I'm kicked back chatting with my iPad. Forgive the autocorrects!

Nighthawk

Well the sirius XM online player has continually failed on me tonight. Keeps stopping and saying there is an error and the content is not available at this time. After the 4th time it did It I dumped it. I'm listening via the shout cast stream now. I am not very impressed with sirius XM player right now.

herbalizer

Quote from: Ward on September 30, 2013, 08:36:45 PM
lol there are UFO's in GTA 5?

Yeah there's at least three, I've seen one at the bottom of the ocean while riding in a submarine. You have to collect 50 UFO parts, not sure what happens. There's also a BIgfoot and an Area 51-type facility

Why the hell is Hoagland coming on to advise us on Comet ISON? Get Kaku or one of the other guests that actually know stuff about space

jazmunda

Quote from: herbalizer on September 30, 2013, 08:34:54 PM

They need an Art Bell channel on the car radio in GTA 5.

PrairieGhost

Quote from: Nighthawk on September 30, 2013, 08:39:57 PM
Well the sirius XM online player has continually failed on me tonight. Keeps stopping and saying there is an error and the content is not available at this time. After the 4th time it did It I dumped it. I'm listening via the shout cast stream now. I am not very impressed with sirius XM player right now.

They sucks! I've honestly never had problems minus the first few nights.

SgtRocko

Did anyone hear Linda Moulton Howe on C2C the other night? She said she and Art are going to reenact a fun thing they did years ago when she comes on Dark Matters this week