• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Latest French Attacks: updates (in English)

Started by albrecht, November 13, 2015, 03:50:16 PM

Meister_000

Quote from: SredniVashtar on November 18, 2015, 08:44:41 AM

. . .I don't think you can make a war against a religion any more than you can make a war against any other idea, in military terms. . .

. . . All you can hope to do is neutralise the worst elements without at the same time encouraging even more people to follow in their footsteps. . .

. . . perhaps we can slowly mix into their cultures the more lasting values of tolerance and respect for others which is so signally lacking. . .

. . .This might sound like woolly liberal thinking, but really I am more interested in getting to the root of the problem than some sort of grandstanding that gets us nowhere and will only inevitably lead to more attacks within a matter of months or years.

SV; I'll need till this time tomorrow to get back to you on these points -- too bushed right now to dive in. Ok? Later.

It`s long past time to dispense with the PC bullsh*t. We can no longer afford the luxury of political hand-wringing and finger-pointing. There is an aggressive enemy to all that we cherish, which must be dealt with in the severest of terms. The gloves that were alleggedly taken off over a decade ago, must now truly be removed.

The Islamo-fascists understand only one thing: overwhelming force. Anything short of utter devastation, and they will continue to find friendly pockets of like-minded savages in which to regenerate and reemerge as an even more heinous band.

Unfortunately, we are obliged to wait until a new president is elected before we find out if he(she) has the will to do what must be done. It could be a long wait.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: FightTheFuture on November 18, 2015, 09:40:19 AM
It`s long past time to dispense with the PC bullsh*t. We can no longer afford the luxury of political hand-wringing and finger-pointing. There is an aggressive enemy to all that we cherish, which must be dealt with in the severest of terms. The gloves that were alleggedly taken off over a decade ago, must now truly be removed.

The Islamo-fascists understand only one thing: overwhelming force. Anything short of utter devastation, and they will continue to find friendly pockets of like-minded savages in which to regenerate and reemerge as an even more heinous band.

Unfortunately, we are obliged to wait until a new president is elected before we find out if he(she) has the will to do what must be done. It could be a long wait.

I remember when Baghdad fell and the TV people were clearly desperate for a photo op of the Saddam statue coming down. All these Iraqis were milling around trying to collapse it but it was a big heavy statue that was never going to be brought low however hard they tried. Some big guy even tried whacking the base.

However hard you try to hammer away at a  problem, sometimes it is too big for force alone to be effective. That sort of thinking comes from the same stable as those who believe that a shady dude with a combover is going to do anything except make his country worse than it was before. There is no evidence that firing more and more missiles is ever going to work, and it is the sort of reasoning that an ape would resort to rather than a human being. Just see a threat and whack it is hard as you can.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Meister_000 on November 18, 2015, 06:39:51 AM
Wahhabism/Salafism only a small part of what's wrong with Islam.
But it's the part that has given rise to and financed terrorism, backwardness, and the killing and brutalizing of the non-observant.  The rest of Islam may not be palatable, but we can generally co-exist them as we did until Saudis bankrolled the spread of puritan fundamentalism. 

Quote from: SredniVashtar on November 18, 2015, 09:51:08 AM
I remember when Baghdad fell and the TV people were clearly desperate for a photo op of the Saddam statue coming down. All these Iraqis were milling around trying to collapse it but it was a big heavy statue that was never going to be brought low however hard they tried. Some big guy even tried whacking the base.

...And then the United States Marine Corp showed up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWxszYK6IPU

VtaGeezer

Quote from: FightTheFuture on November 18, 2015, 10:03:54 AM
I was an hour late to work that morning because I was glued to the TV until that statue came down.  Those first few days were moderately inspiring...but then Cheney's boys got settled in and the long catastrophe was on.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: FightTheFuture on November 18, 2015, 10:03:54 AM

And then what happened? Mission accomplished? That was supposed to be symbolic of some major victory but it was the start of the complications that we are living through now. Saying, "ooh, now we are really mad and are going to put the hurt on you bad this time" doesn't work, or we would have done it a long time ago. It's far too complicated for a comic book solution.

paladin1991

Quote from: GravitySucks on November 17, 2015, 01:00:52 PM
It means they have a limited supply chain to their bases in Syria and can't just keep using tactical aircraft because there are only so many bombs held at those recently deployed forward operating locations.

Plus, Daesh spies can't see the aircraft launches and cruise missile launches and phone home to say take cover.

Yeeeeessss.

Just strolling along hand in hand, Haji and Farouk are chatting amiably about what a beautiful morning it is and the latest round of beheadings and punitive rapes scheduled for just after mid-morning prayers.
*BooM!* 
Haji and Farouk are fucking dead.
What a beautiful morning.

paladin1991

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on November 17, 2015, 01:42:21 PM
Not exactly light hearted, but VERY heart felt...Oh yes. (apologies if it's already been posted)

https://youtu.be/glxh9ZgP7kc

Playback disabled.

Quote from: SredniVashtar on November 18, 2015, 10:18:53 AM
And then what happened? Mission accomplished? That was supposed to be symbolic of some major victory but it was the start of the complications that we are living through now. Saying, "ooh, now we are really mad and are going to put the hurt on you bad this time" doesn't work, or we would have done it a long time ago. It's far too complicated for a comic book solution.

What happened? A complete debacle. The "war" should never have taken place. HOWEVER, it could have come out much more to our favor if prosecuted properly.

There needs to be a complete paradigm shift with regard to our response to Islamo-fascism. Iraq will be a bit player in that scenario.

Quote from: VtaGeezer on November 18, 2015, 10:16:32 AM
I was an hour late to work that morning because I was glued to the TV until that statue came down.  Those first few days were moderately inspiring...but then Cheney's boys got settled in and the long catastrophe was on.

Agreed.

paladin1991

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on November 17, 2015, 02:50:13 PM
  Sounds like Merkel will be getting a special thank you from "Syrian refugees" very soon.

Ha!  Wife related to me what she caught on a German broadcast.  An interviewer was speaking with a Syrian woman who complained that:
1. They have no cell phones.
2.  She has to share a room in her apartment with another member of her family.
2.  How are they supposed to live on 2000 Euros a month?
Basically, that they were hoodwinked into coming to Germany.

What?

Life in Die Hiemat would be more bearable if they had free cell phones?   The better to order Schnitzel and Semtex with?
Shares a room with a member of her family?  A free apartment, utilities included.  I would guess that it's better than living in the fields and forests on your way to 'The Promised Land.'
And 2000 Euros a month?  That's more than my in-laws get fm the German gov't in their form of SS.  Well over a third of that goes to their rent.  And that's with my MIL working part time under the table.   

Meanwhile, in America, 30 States Governer's have come to their senses and are resisting efforts to install a Syrian Insurgents Army in their states.

BellBoy

However hard you try to hammer away at a  problem, sometimes it is too big for force alone to be effective. That sort of thinking comes from the same stable as those who believe that a shady dude with a combover is going to do anything except make his country worse than it was before. There is no evidence that firing more and more missiles is ever going to work, and it is the sort of reasoning that an ape would resort to rather than a human being. Just see a threat and whack it is hard as you can.

Quote from: SredniVashtar on November 18, 2015, 10:18:53 AM
...It's far too complicated for a comic book solution.

I think you're being a bit shortsighted there, friend. We could always strike the match and light the fuse on the whole Armageddon prophecy thing. Maybe not the best option, but an option, nonetheless...

paladin1991

Quote from: bateman on November 17, 2015, 07:17:22 PM
Second German stadium has been evacuated & cops are telling people 'not to walk in groups'.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/germany-terror-alert-second-stadium-6850545

WTF?  The cops should just be telling the pop to 'Be Afraid.  Be very afraid."  Let the terrorists win by changing your life, right.

Coppers should be telling the pop, "We will find these murderers.  We will not negotiate." 

paladin1991

Quote from: GravitySucks on November 17, 2015, 07:25:01 PM
They need to start playing Spetsnatz... "Hey Viktor, does that look like a bad guy? "

"You mean dead guy?"

Seems to me I've heard that exchange.  In English.  Oh, now where did I hear that?  Let me think back....."

SredniVashtar

Quote from: FightTheFuture on November 18, 2015, 10:30:44 AM

What happened? A complete debacle. The "war" should never have taken place. HOWEVER, it could have come out much more to our favor if prosecuted properly.

There needs to be a complete paradigm shift with regard to our response to Islamo-fascism. Iraq will be a bit player in that scenario.

Yes, but what does 'properly' actually mean? Turn the Middle-East into glass? Say you did that, you'd have plenty of sympathisers still living in the west, and you would have turned a lot more people against you, who had been on the fence, thinking that you were really the bad guys after all. There are a lot of people who are not entirely behind the west who are not even Islamic or of Middle-Eastern appearance - not fellow-travellers exactly but on the way to becoming so - and you would only create more opposition if you chose some sort of extreme solution. So, what do you do, kill all of them? If not, where do you draw the line? Do you eradicate entire families down to the smallest children, as they used to do in Rome when they wanted to prevent retaliation?

This tough talk is fine, and it's what politicians love to indulge themselves in, but it won't really work in the end.

GravitySucks

If I was in charge, there would be a 30 minute infomercial on Al Jazeera that would announce that the next act of terror by ANY Islamic terrorist ANYWHERE in the world, and a nuke would be launched on Mecca.  Second time, on Medina, 3rd time, simultaneous strikes on Tehran and Riyadh (and throw in Islamabad because I like to do things in threes).  Lesser infractions such as speeding tickets and parking fines would only result in carpet bombing of the aforementioned targets by B52s.

This would go down in history books as Muslim Assured Destruction (MAD 2.0), the policy that forever ended the reign of terror throughout the world.

paladin1991

Quote from: chefist on November 17, 2015, 07:28:19 PM
Bet this guy who played down threats is hiding in his office today...

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/11/17/us-france-shooting-germany-police-idUSKCN0T61B420151117

Dumb bastard should write a note saying, 'I'm a fucking moron,' stuff it in his pocket, climb the tallest building and jump.
Hopefully, he hasn't had any children and thus can do his bit to preserve the gene pool.

paladin1991

Quote from: chefist on November 17, 2015, 09:29:52 PM
Married a Heinz heiress...I bet she married him to piss daddy off...
Bet that worked.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: FightTheFuture on November 18, 2015, 10:30:44 AM

Channeling Albert Speer this morning?

paladin1991

Quote from: GravitySucks on November 17, 2015, 10:14:37 PM
They were accurate. You can read about them here:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swift_Vets_and_POWs_for_Truth

I'm not sure if the ads ever brought up the fact that he originally received a "less than honorable" discharge from the Navy. He was still within his 6 year service commitment when he went to France and colluded with the enemy. If you google "Carter Kerry Discharge" you can find the info that President Carter later ordered his discharge to be changed. He woukd never sign the SF180 to release his service records, but the facts speak for themselves. He received some type of discharge and then in 1978 a discharge review board was convened to redo his original discharge.

That's not avail via FOIA?

paladin1991

Quote from: GravitySucks on November 17, 2015, 10:28:28 PM
The world woukd be a much better place if he had been riding home with Ted Kennedy that one fateful night.  Do you realize that Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than any of my evil guns?

Should have put old Ted behind the wheel with a bottle of Irish and let him drive through the streets of Falloujah.  Might have saved us a bit of trouble.

paladin1991

Quote from: Uncle Duke on November 17, 2015, 10:59:30 PM
Best book I've read on the German planning to invade Switzerland has the hokey title, "Let's Swallow Switzerland" by historian Klaus Urner.  No question the Germans (and Italians) had plans for such an invasion, but as with not invading Sweden, not invading Switzerland was as much about business as it was military considerations.  I also recommend the book "Sympathy for the Devil--Neutral Europe and Nazi Germany in WWII" by Christian Lietz.
Thanks bro. 

GravitySucks

Quote from: paladin1991 on November 18, 2015, 10:50:12 AM
That's not avail via FOIA?
From what I understand, several organizations tried to go the FOIA route and were turned down,

paladin1991

Quote from: Uncle Duke on November 18, 2015, 12:18:37 AM
I had a professor who had been a member of the Norwegian underground as a teenager in WWII.  He hated the Swedes more than he hated the Nazi who occupied his country.  In his mind, and those of his countryman of that generation apparently, the Swedes abandoned the Norwegians to the Germans despite strong cultural ties and mutual defense agreements.  As you inferred, the Swedes made a fortune in WWII selling iron ore and ball bearing to the Germans.

Every read about the "neutrality" of Ireland in WWII?

I did read about that in HS AP history.  That was some shit.  I used to think that the Irish were happy go lucky drinking partners for anyone who happened to show up at the bar.
Now I look back and realize, they're just some serious competition for the bartenders attention.

albrecht

Quote from: SredniVashtar on November 18, 2015, 10:44:25 AM
Yes, but what does 'properly' actually mean? Turn the Middle-East into glass? Say you did that, you'd have plenty of sympathisers still living in the west, and you would have turned a lot more people against you, who had been on the fence, thinking that you were really the bad guys after all. There are a lot of people who are not entirely behind the west who are not even Islamic or of Middle-Eastern appearance - not fellow-travellers exactly but on the way to becoming so - and you would only create more opposition if you chose some sort of extreme solution. So, what do you do, kill all of them? If not, where do you draw the line? Do you eradicate entire families down to the smallest children, as they used to do in Rome when they wanted to prevent retaliation?

This tough talk is fine, and it's what politicians love to indulge themselves in, but it won't really work in the end.
Yes, maybe? Wouter Basson etc had some ideas and I imagine with modern technology certain things could be even more perfected and targeted towards the enemy? Of course I'm kidding. But, then again? At minimum kick them out of our countries and let them practice their "peaceful" religion in their lands. Even things like landmines are remarkably cheap and effective at controlling borders, sorry Princess Di but it is true. Makeshift boats etc for the invaders can easily be blown out of the water, if we don't have the will to mine the sea around those countries. At least no rescue or foreign aide in forms of medicine, doctors, food, etc to those lands. Let nature, and their "peaceful" religion, take its course.

paladin1991

Quote from: TheMan WhoFell ToEarth on November 18, 2015, 12:44:09 AM
Saw a prescient comment on Twitter noting with these live feeds, it's entirely possible for the suspects to monitor the positions and operations of the police from any wi-fi device. Strategy much?

Yeah, that is a concern amongst those folks who do this kind of work.  I understand that there is a device either under development or currently being tested that will shut down all cell and wi-fi within a certain range.

paladin1991

Quote from: VoteQuimby on November 18, 2015, 12:54:48 AM
I'm still confused why France is being attacked? Sorry for not following it closely, I haven't been home much. Some weird cult from the middle east named the Islamic State is engaging this insane terrorism against the French because?

Thank Christ this isn't happening in the US. Might be nice because it would end this social justice/BLM bullshit overnight but this country would have a stroke and shut down completely if cells of Islamic baddies started offing people.
Then the American citizen might wake the fuck up and realized that all the LEO agencies and the gov't are not tasked with keeping them alive or safe.  Ppl would start being more proactive and take up some personal accountability for their existence.

albrecht

Quote from: paladin1991 on November 18, 2015, 10:57:51 AM
Yeah, that is a concern amongst those folks who do this kind of work.  I understand that there is a device either under development or currently being tested that will shut down all cell and wi-fi within a certain range.
There is such a thing and one can even make at home with plans from internet or buy on suspect websites. Illegal to use in US (though by the police maybe legal?) FCC violation, in addition to civil torts likely, for personal use. There are also fun things like universal tv remotes gadgets that one could, violation, go into a sports bar and turn off all the tvs or switch to some Obama speech praising Islam during the final minutes of a game and watch the outrage.  ;)

BellBoy

Quote from: GravitySucks on November 18, 2015, 10:47:14 AM
If I was in charge, there would be a 30 minute infomercial on Al Jazeera that would announce that the next act of terror by ANY Islamic terrorist ANYWHERE in the world, and a nuke would be launched on Mecca.  Second time, on Medina, 3rd time, simultaneous strikes on Tehran and Riyadh (and throw in Islamabad because I like to do things in threes).  Lesser infractions such as speeding tickets and parking fines would only result in carpet bombing of the aforementioned targets by B52s.

This would go down in history books as Muslim Assured Destruction (MAD 2.0), the policy that forever ended the reign of terror throughout the world.

...and within seconds of your first strike against Mecca, their brethren in Islamabad feel threatened and launch a preemptive strike on their neighbors in New Delhi, etc., etc.

(cliche, yet true)