• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Unspoil Me: Erase Your Mind by Samsung

Started by albrecht, March 20, 2018, 03:51:14 PM

albrecht

So you can rewatch tv shows.
http://www.samsung.com/se/unspoilme/eng/
https://vigilantcitizen.com/latestnews/samsung-launches-a-site-that-can-erase-your-memory-with-hypnosis/

Is this a marketing gimmick? Apparently not?

Who want some foreign corporation, or anyone, to erase your memories simply so you can watch tv shows again? If the technique actually works I could see some possible therapeutic value for those severely abused, PTSD, etc but then only from a trusted person/source with lots of oversight- but just so you can watch tv and done over the internet for anyone? How/why would someone trust it to only "erase" your tv viewing memories?

According to Samsung's site:
"With the Samsung QLED TV we want to offer you an amazing binge-watching experience; with a wide range of content and remarkable picture quality.
There’s really only one thing that could ruin your experience â€" that you already know how everything ends.
That is why we created Unspoil me; a tool that gives you the possibility to forget your favorite TV series, so you can re-experience it with the same thrilling feeling you had the first time you watched it."

Isn't that the kind of device that started Strieber on his odyssey?

Big Chicken

Whoa baby!   Whoa!

Will the TV Show have a different ending on the second viewing?

That Rat Bastard McGarrett deserves a little pay back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CUm8ZNSfBM

Rix Gins

Quotegives you the possibility to forget your favorite TV series, so you can re-experience it with the same thrilling feeling you had the first time you watched it.
If you live long enough, your brain will do this automatically, and for free.   

albrecht

Quote from: Rix Gins on March 20, 2018, 05:15:35 PM

If you live long enough, your brain will do this automatically, and for free.   
Or if you drink enough. What I am curious about is:
1) if this works why do people (or parents, insurance companies, governments) pay psychologists/psychiatrists to help them get over "issues?"

2) if this works why use it only so you can watch more tv? Certainly a yuuge corporate conglomerate could figure a way to make more money using this process on customers/viewers than simply rewatching tv shows that, now, are essentially free with a streaming subscription.

3) could one use this online process for other things than "forgetting" tv shows? Quitting smoking? Use for psychological problems? Is there something inherent in this particular process that they only target "tv shows?" How? There are so many, surely one wouldn't forget ALL tv shows. So instead of "focusing" on say, The Simpsons what if one watched and focused on something else one wants to forget? Carter Presidency? Smoking? The time that fat Hollywood Producer said "I'll get you this role, come over here...."

4) is Samsung being underwritten by Hollywood since they might the viewers to forget how much tripe the produce? Or forget that we've seen this plot before since all they do is make remakes?

5)  Since tv shows are called programming could this be considered deprogramming? Could we get back to a normal society by everyone using this process to "not remember" all the social programming, political propaganda, and societal structure ruining programming they have done over the decades?

Quote from: albrecht on March 20, 2018, 03:51:14 PM
So you can rewatch tv shows.
http://www.samsung.com/se/unspoilme/eng/
https://vigilantcitizen.com/latestnews/samsung-launches-a-site-that-can-erase-your-memory-with-hypnosis/

Is this a marketing gimmick? Apparently not?

Who want some foreign corporation, or anyone, to erase your memories simply so you can watch tv shows again? If the technique actually works I could see some possible therapeutic value for those severely abused, PTSD, etc but then only from a trusted person/source with lots of oversight- but just so you can watch tv and done over the internet for anyone? How/why would someone trust it to only "erase" your tv viewing memories?

According to Samsung's site:
"With the Samsung QLED TV we want to offer you an amazing binge-watching experience; with a wide range of content and remarkable picture quality.
There’s really only one thing that could ruin your experience â€" that you already know how everything ends.
That is why we created Unspoil me; a tool that gives you the possibility to forget your favorite TV series, so you can re-experience it with the same thrilling feeling you had the first time you watched it."

Can it be used selectively, just for bad shows or movies one gets stuck watching?  (Like, you know, chick flicks)

Gd5150

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on March 20, 2018, 06:31:34 PM
Can it be used selectively, just for bad shows or movies one gets stuck watching?  (Like, you know, chick flicks)

Jojo

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on March 20, 2018, 06:31:34 PM
Like a virgin...

weeberwubber

Who would know if they aren't already using this for other things? Maybe the good ole tube TVs will make a comeback because they are safer.