Author Topic: UFOShip.com - A Podcast  (Read 124088 times)

Re: UFOShip.com - A Podcast
« Reply #510 on: February 10, 2012, 06:44:38 PM »
If I can be serious for a moment. ??? I had never heard of Rollye James, but I just spent some time reading her wikipedia entry and following google links. How exciting! With Evelyn to cover for you, ;) this will truly be a most excellent trainwreck.

« Reply #511 on: February 10, 2012, 08:34:02 PM »

Most excellent!

Smarmy Christ says "Heeeeyyyyyyyy!!"

« Reply #512 on: February 11, 2012, 12:15:37 AM »
Smarmy Christ says "Heeeeyyyyyyyy!!"

lol, "smarmy christ"

« Reply #513 on: February 11, 2012, 10:22:32 PM »
I was all ready, logged in to the chatroom early and everything. Then it happened again. My darling wife wanted sushi. And she deserves it. She deserves anything and everything. She's wonderful, and hot too, and I can't help but fulfill her wishes. I will shamefully wait for the podcast. I heard about 3 minutes live, and it was captivating, but then....

-whipped in Sacramento

« Reply #514 on: February 12, 2012, 12:21:03 AM »
I unfortunately missed it too. I was on the road. I'll listen to the podcast when it's ready.

« Reply #515 on: February 12, 2012, 03:40:10 AM »
Chatting live while listening to the show was a really cool experience. I'm glad I was free and around a computer. Very nice interview with Rollye as well! Congrats.

« Reply #516 on: February 12, 2012, 08:16:50 AM »
It was good stuff.  She reiterated many of the complaints made about C2C on this site.

I unfortunately missed it too. I was on the road. I'll listen to the podcast when it's ready.

« Reply #517 on: February 12, 2012, 08:28:13 AM »
One of the things that surprised me the most was that Rollye mentioned how dead the lines always were, that at some points there were no callers in queue as opposed to when she filled in for Art. That really blew my mind. I imagined every redneck and hillbilly up past midnight was clamoring for a line to call in on.

« Reply #518 on: February 12, 2012, 10:32:37 AM »
After Gary mentioned strange sounds, I posted the wikipedia page for Bloop during the trainwreck chat. I read a few other articles on the sound this morning that were really interesting.

Calls from the Deep, New Scientist, 2002:
http://www.science.org.au/nova/newscientist/102ns_001.htm

Other strange deep sea noises the Russians called Quackers:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quacker_%28sound%29

What an amazing phenomenon. I wish Art had done a show on this! Even assuming the most conservative solution - that the sounds are generated by ice scraping or friction - is still pretty astonishing. Considering some of the other more fantastic theories are mind-blowing.

« Reply #519 on: February 12, 2012, 11:51:04 AM »

Same here.  I'm really kicking myself for missing it.

« Reply #520 on: February 12, 2012, 05:27:23 PM »
it was a really good show i thought, but after rollye left, i was so giddy over the fact she'd been there that i kept tripping over my own feet it seemed.

« Reply #521 on: February 12, 2012, 05:27:45 PM »
i'll have that show posted some time this evening.

« Reply #522 on: February 12, 2012, 05:56:36 PM »
it was a really good show i thought, but after rollye left, i was so giddy over the fact she'd been there that i kept tripping over my own feet it seemed.

No way, I enjoyed the second half as much as the first.

« Reply #523 on: February 12, 2012, 06:10:28 PM »
grats Michael.  this is quite a feather in your cap me thinks

« Reply #524 on: February 12, 2012, 06:41:13 PM »
I missed it due to a commitment, but I am SO excited for the podcast. Oh wow.. What a great guest.

« Reply #525 on: February 12, 2012, 09:26:01 PM »
our latest broadcast is now posted here.

« Reply #526 on: February 12, 2012, 11:09:34 PM »
That was a really good interview I thought and hope you'll get more guests like her.  In fact I look forward to new shows regardless of guests.  I've pretty much soaked the stream for what it's worth and hear repeats most of the time now.  If it were 20 years ago I think you'd have a full time job in radio.

« Reply #527 on: February 13, 2012, 08:44:18 AM »
If it were 20 years ago I think you'd have a full time job in radio.

for six years i did.  i eventually got to a point where i'd had enough.  unless you're nationally syndicated or hosting a daily show in a large city, radio is an awful industry to work in these days.  very little pay and lots of frustration.

« Reply #528 on: February 13, 2012, 09:59:00 PM »

for six years i did.  i eventually got to a point where i'd had enough.  unless you're nationally syndicated or hosting a daily show in a large city, radio is an awful industry to work in these days.  very little pay and lots of frustration.

So now you broadcast on the internet instead, where's there's very little pay and lots of frustration. :o Just teasing you Michael. Good show, I've only heard part of it so far, so no teasers!

« Reply #529 on: February 13, 2012, 10:26:20 PM »
our latest broadcast is now posted here.

I listened today, nice show.  Rollye was a great guest.  And you two did a great job interviewing her.  You should do more cool guests! 

« Reply #530 on: February 14, 2012, 08:28:11 AM »
thx guys.

« Reply #531 on: February 14, 2012, 01:56:57 PM »
I listened today, nice show.  Rollye was a great guest.  And you two did a great job interviewing her.  You should do more cool guests!

We'd love to do more guests - this is a start! Any thoughts on who we could get and you'd like to hear?

Thanks for all your support

« Reply #532 on: February 14, 2012, 07:26:37 PM »
We'd love to do more guests - this is a start! Any thoughts on who we could get and you'd like to hear?

Now that Rollye has made an appearance, Art or Ian should be the next targets ;)

« Reply #533 on: February 14, 2012, 07:44:10 PM »
thx guys.

Also, thanks for pimping and slinging my music once again.  Proud to be associated with such a quality broadcast.  Our new album has released today, you can order a digital copy for $10, or pre order a hard copy CD for $12.  Or just stream the whole thing for free at www.thesatellite4.com

« Reply #534 on: February 17, 2012, 10:24:05 PM »

My ideas for some guests...

1. People who have been interviewed by George Noory and got irritated with him.  There are A LOT of them.  It would be really fun, I think, to hear what some C2C guests might have to say about their experience of being on the program.

2. Alternative and unheard of people that are running for president.  Take a look at this... http://powerwall.msnbc.msn.com/politics/the-other-people-running-for-president-in-2012-9686.gallery  These people are in it for the publicity and aren't getting much, I bet you could easily get some of them on the show.  Easily.

3. Interesting musicians.  I know Frank Zappa's old bass player from the Mothers of Invention days, he's a good friend of mine.  I could probably line up an interview if you wanted.  He's got some STORIES!  Wow.

4.  Ghost hunters.  'Nuff said.

« Reply #535 on: February 17, 2012, 11:21:51 PM »
1. People who have been interviewed by George Noory and got irritated with him.  There are A LOT of them.  It would be really fun, I think, to hear what some C2C guests might have to say about their experience of being on the program.

lol
This is a great idea!

« Reply #536 on: February 18, 2012, 03:21:00 AM »
lol
This is a great idea!
Thanks, I thought so.  I doubt MV will be into it though.  It would require paying attention to what's going on with George, and that is just probably not worth it.  MV?

« Reply #537 on: February 18, 2012, 10:33:38 AM »
i don't know. suggest some specific guests.  i have no idea who is on c2c these days, and i'd wager i'm not even interested in a majority of the subjects they cover... but if you guys will throw some specific names my way, i'll look into them.

« Reply #538 on: February 18, 2012, 04:11:55 PM »
i don't know. suggest some specific guests.  i have no idea who is on c2c these days, and i'd wager i'm not even interested in a majority of the subjects they cover... but if you guys will throw some specific names my way, i'll look into them.
I suggest the editor in chief of SKEPTIC magazine. He was interviewed by Noory and he was spitting knowledge while Noory kept dumbing it all down. I forget his name, but he was great.

« Reply #539 on: February 18, 2012, 09:15:29 PM »
I would like to hear more forum members on the show.  Always interesting to hear someone's "live" persona compared to their online presence.