Poll

What do you listen to when you can't take C2C anymore?

Nothing
Mainstream talk radio
Progressive talk radio
Music
TV
Podcasts

Author Topic: Ian Punnett  (Read 381788 times)

Re: Ian Punnett
« Reply #1860 on: December 03, 2011, 09:25:18 AM »

He may have just let the cat out of the bag in regards to Ian's announcement tomorrow...  8)

If that's Ian's announcement, fie on Snoory for being a spoiler.  I bet he told his siblings what they were getting for Christmas. 

« Reply #1861 on: December 03, 2011, 09:56:14 AM »
Good news, Ian has allowed me to give an early spoiler alert to everyone at CoastGab that spend time in his favorite thread C2C Hosts > Ian Punnett!

Starting now you can use this special vanity URL to browse your favorite website: http://www.ianpunnettsucks.com  Ian did some research on this and as it turns out his mentor and weekend boss George Snoory saw a significant increase in his Q-rating after the GNS URL was created...oh whats that Ian? what else were you wanting to tell your fans? You're a deacon?...yeah they know...what else?  The topic tonight was demon squirrels and where they hide their cojones?  No...ok, oh...Ian wants you to know he has filed his application to be a guest on Dancing with the Stars!

/End IanTalk

« Reply #1862 on: December 03, 2011, 11:00:18 AM »

« Reply #1863 on: December 03, 2011, 12:00:51 PM »
Good news, Ian has allowed me to give an early spoiler alert to everyone at CoastGab that spend time in his favorite thread C2C Hosts > Ian Punnett!

Starting now you can use this special vanity URL to browse your favorite website: http://www.ianpunnettsucks.com  Ian did some research on this and as it turns out his mentor and weekend boss George Snoory saw a significant increase in his Q-rating after the GNS URL was created...oh whats that Ian? what else were you wanting to tell your fans? You're a deacon?...yeah they know...what else?  The topic tonight was demon squirrels and where they hide their cojones?  No...ok, oh...Ian wants you to know he has filed his application to be a guest on Dancing with the Stars!

/End IanTalk

First of all, you registered that domain name! Bravo!

2nd of all, that that photo of Ian is awful. It looks cheesy and the graphics are making it more flaming than it already was. Is myTalk a station for divalicious moms?

« Reply #1864 on: December 03, 2011, 12:27:01 PM »

He looks like the kid from "A Christmas Story."

« Reply #1865 on: December 03, 2011, 01:05:27 PM »

« Reply #1866 on: December 03, 2011, 03:08:19 PM »
Frys Girl, the station's target market is women.  Seems perfect for Ian.

Check this out: http://www.mspmag.com/features/features/174758.asp

« Reply #1867 on: December 03, 2011, 03:14:39 PM »
I feel bad saying this because I like Ian as a host, but the only word I can use to describe him is neutered. He has no edge to him, unless you mention Dan Brown. Then he grows a pair and goes on defending the Church. Great, but that all ya got in ya?

Anyway, I'd probably buy tampons if Ian was advertising them. He's that comforting.

« Reply #1868 on: December 03, 2011, 03:30:57 PM »
Anyway, I'd probably buy tampons if Ian was advertising them. He's that comforting.

« Reply #1869 on: December 03, 2011, 03:36:27 PM »

« Reply #1870 on: December 03, 2011, 03:38:54 PM »
They have Ian host shows like Ghost To Ghost and New Years predictions because they are really driven by interaction with the callers, which George is horrible at.

« Reply #1871 on: December 03, 2011, 05:19:39 PM »
too bad Ian didn't do Ghost to Ghost this year. blech

« Reply #1872 on: December 03, 2011, 06:03:51 PM »
Offhand I'd say every picture I've seen of Ian makes him look like a dweeb.  Always an intentionally goofy expression, head tilted at some awkward angle or other trying to be, what, funny, cutesy, playful?  I wonder what he actulally looks like.

And his big announcement - is it really just that he's hosting the predictions show?  Who cares, that was always the worst show of the year (well, other than when some asswipe like Whitley or Ed Dames showed up).  But really - we're all supposed to wait on the edge of our seats all week, then have George pre-enpt Ian's news that... he hosting the predictions show?  Really?

Plus, not only are predictions stupid and pointless, but I'm pretty sure I've heard Ian do other shows on predictions, and he was about as excited about it as I am.

Coast, and ALL the hosts, just really suck so much.

« Reply #1873 on: December 03, 2011, 06:25:31 PM »

It's Minnesota......they are all soooooo polite and nice up there dontcha know? Even Michelle Bachmann when she's hating on the gay people sounds really sweet while she's doing it. Ian just looks like the Christmas Story kid let himself go or a young William Windom. Or Garrison Keillor's younger pudgy brother.

Don't see why Ian hosting the NYE show is announcement worthy seeing as it's his regular night and he already did it last year.

« Reply #1874 on: December 04, 2011, 12:44:06 AM »
Ian is revealing his secret announcement on the show now.
He reveals that he is now starting to lose his hearing and mentioned before he has told about his tinnitus.
He now says he has "grade 5" tinnitus and has lost 45% of his hearing so far.
Ian also revealed this has been causing headaches and making getting more than a few hours sleep difficult as well.
Ian wondered if his use of headphones for many years might have contributed to this.
Didn't Rush Limbaugh also have a hearing problem some years back?

Ian says he is trying to do everything he can to combat the hearing loss and increasing tinnitus, so he is pursuing all options including accupuncture and other alternative technques.
Because of this Ian asked the staff to start searching for a replacement for his regular weekend hosting, so he can spend more time to be aggressive on his treatments.
Ian said he plans to in January reduce his hosting c2c to once or twice a month, rather than weekly.

« Reply #1875 on: December 04, 2011, 12:49:48 AM »
The announcement is that Ian is going monthly instead of weekly... Wells is taking over Saturday nights in January.

Damn.

Edit: Beat me to it, Morgus! :)

« Reply #1876 on: December 04, 2011, 12:51:15 AM »
Ian just revealed also he turned down an offer to be the main weekday host when Art retired years ago, allowing George Noory to eventually take over...  8)

« Reply #1877 on: December 04, 2011, 12:53:29 AM »

Not surprised by this. Too bad, really. Tinnitus sucks-I've got a relatively minor form, and every time my co-inhabitant(the term I use when annoyed with her) uses our ultra-loud washing machine it's bloody fucking torture. So I do have empathy for his situation.

« Reply #1878 on: December 04, 2011, 12:56:48 AM »
This totally sucks.  I don't care for Wells at all, and I like Ian a lot.  Guess I'll be getting a lot more sleep on Saturday nights now.

« Reply #1879 on: December 04, 2011, 01:08:40 AM »
I'll miss Ian P's intellectual approach and openness to challenge cranks be they guest or caller.  I hope Ian will be taking one of Noory's sundays each month; AFAIC these days, the less Noory the better and I'd hate to see Geo. Knapp cut to just once a month.  Actually I'm disappointed Knapp won't be taking over for Ian.   I'm not terribly impressed by Wells, but we'll see.  Now that he has the job locked in, maybe he won't be so patronizing.

« Reply #1880 on: December 04, 2011, 01:27:09 AM »
/quote]
That was du to Rush Limbaugh had a rather modest oxycontin problem.

« Reply #1881 on: December 04, 2011, 02:06:39 AM »
Thanks for the update on this, I didn't get to hear the show to find out first hand.  That's really disappointing to find out.  I don't get how he would describe this announcement as 'fun' unless he was just meaning doing the show itself will be fun.

I've always felt one of Ian's greatest strengths relied on his part time schedule.  Being he only did one show per week allowed him to be very prepared by reading the guest's book and researching the topic.  Maybe this somehow will allow Ian to refine that further and make his sporatic appearances even better.

« Reply #1882 on: December 04, 2011, 02:13:52 AM »
To all forum viewers,

I have two different issues to address.

1st:  After joining, I have spent time looking over this website.  You all seem to have one thing in common. . .You do not like the present state of C2C.  Mostly, you all seem to hate the hosts and how they conduct the shows business.  I read this all the time, "Art Bell is the greatest ever. . . George sucks...  Ian sucks..."  Almost everyone on this site has something bad to say about C2C. (Not everyone. Most everyone.)

But despite that, it seems everyone keeps listening to the program.  Your days seem to be filled with how much you dislike the radio show and everything about it. You all pat yourselves on the back regarding how witty and insulting you can be.  Sorry, that side of the website I can live without.  I do not think it adds anything to my life. I do like open opinions and mindedness. (is that even a word, mindedness?  Sounds like something George would have said. You all seem to think he says the darnest things.)     

I will agree that Art Bell was good in his day.  But he has chosen to leave C2C and live the good life outside of the USA.  Why?  I have listened to many of his past programs and I do think he was a better host than George.  But come on people. . .lets move on.  Bell left the show years ago.  Art also had his own problems and quirks.  (Which were quite strange in themselves)   Far different from George's quirks.  All I am trying to say is all people are different. George will never be Art.  Art will never be Ian. . .That's it.  Lets get over it.

2nd: My last rant (it is tied to the first rant, in an abscure way). . .  I think many of you know this, but you need to hear it again.   
C2C is only a "product".  A product of money making, money loving con artist that will sell you anything.  They have George as the host because he will do anything they ask.  George is a "go along boy".
Art was not.

Most, (if not all) of these guests that are on the show are only selling their own crap and issues.  Crap and issues that they can then sell to the people that listen to the program.  Their crap & issues, (books & ideas) are all "widget's".  (widget: A self created item of minimal use.)
In marketing, the best way to sell something is to create, (make up) a demand for the product you want to sell.  Even if that demand was never there before.  All you have to do is make something up so that people will think they need it.   That type of capitalism has been going on far to long.  I love free enterprize.  I love new ideas.  I love the good ol'USA.  But, We the people are beginning to find it hard to believe anything we are told any more.   We are mislead into thinking the "crap & issues" we are told, should be important to us.  Only to find out later it was only important because someone has a new book to sell. 

One of the only reasons I listen to C2C, is because I find it fascinating that people will "buy" into just about anything they are told.  The entire program, from its commercials to many of it's guests,  are nothing but Money loving, Money grubbing twisters of the truth.  They will say and do anything to make money.  These lovers of money have turned the people of this country into mindless cattle.  I for one do not like what they have done.  You can still make money in this country by not lying to everyone.

I look forward to all of your responses.  I can't wait to read what everyone has to say.  Defend yourselves people.  I just slapped you into reality.

Peto of Verum

Ready are you? What know you of ready? For eight hundred years have I trained Jedi. My own counsel will I keep on who is to be trained. A Jedi must have the deepest commitment, the most serious mind. This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away... to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. Hmm? What he was doing. Hmph. Adventure. Heh. Excitement. Heh. A Jedi craves not these things. You are reckless.
 [/color] ~ Yoda

« Reply #1883 on: December 04, 2011, 04:27:52 AM »
Ian is revealing his secret announcement on the show now.
He reveals that he is now starting to lose his hearing and mentioned before he has told about his tinnitus.
He now says he has "grade 5" tinnitus and has lost 45% of his hearing so far.
Ian also revealed this has been causing headaches and making getting more than a few hours sleep difficult as well.
Ian wondered if his use of headphones for many years might have contributed to this.

Ian says he is trying to do everything he can to combat the hearing loss and increasing tinnitus, so he is pursuing all options including accupuncture and other alternative technques.
Because of this Ian asked the staff to start searching for a replacement for his regular weekend hosting, so he can spend more time to be aggressive on his treatments.
Ian said he plans to in January reduce his hosting c2c to once or twice a month, rather than weekly.

I wish him well as he deals with this.

« Reply #1884 on: December 04, 2011, 06:45:04 AM »
Just listened to the Ian Punnett announcement. He handled it was some dignity and class..

I think overall people will end up missing him. Sure he was dweeby.. and obviously had a special deal made to increase the sale of Tampax. And sure he did too many zombie shows and comic book shows.. and yes, he looked strange and made Twitter seem weird. But he wasn't actually a bad host at all, instead he was extremely well-spoken, intelligent, and thoughtful.

Yes, indeed we will miss him.

And ... John B Wells' practice shows now all make sense--eventually I predict Knapp will be gone and Wells will take over the entire weekend. Maybe the now and then peppering of Rob Simone and Whitley Streiber.. But this is the new generation of Coast to Coast AM. Ian is last of the old guard.. leaving now without a sound......

« Reply #1885 on: December 04, 2011, 07:17:59 AM »
Ian is revealing his secret announcement on the show now...he is now starting to lose his hearing...tinnitus...headaches...
The announcement is that Ian is going monthly instead of weekly... Wells is taking over Saturday nights in January....Damn.
  Tinnitus sucks...

This totally sucks. 
I'll miss Ian P's intellectual approach and openness to challenge cranks be they guest or caller. 
I've always felt one of Ian's greatest strengths relied on his part time schedule.
I wish him well as he deals with this.
...dignity and class...leaving now without a sound......

Noory looses his dad, and an very talented radio guy looses his hearing.  This week sucks.  This year sucks.  Cool banter between Ian and hyper/Nibiru/crazy lady during the last hour.  Who else is gonna put the crazies in their place? Salva nos Deus.

« Reply #1886 on: December 04, 2011, 07:44:14 AM »
The Ian Punnett style with the crazy nibiru lady shows best why he will be missed. He challenged her and in his own way mocked her .. but she didn't know it. It was great.

Also great is this gem from the past:

Ian Punnett Drunk Live On Coast To Coast AM (7-09-2010)

« Reply #1887 on: December 04, 2011, 07:46:24 AM »
Another classic snort-laugh filled Ian moment

TV reporter's chair makes suspicious noise

« Reply #1888 on: December 04, 2011, 07:50:03 AM »

« Reply #1889 on: December 04, 2011, 07:55:23 AM »
One last Ian Punnett related video...

Groove Armada feat, Richie Havens Hands Of Time Live @ Jools Holland Later Show

He started playing this a few months back as his final song on Saturdays.. I wonder if he did it knowing what the end of the year would hold for him, or just because.. Either way I got to love the song and if you stop and listen to it, it's perfect for Punnett's situation...

From the late 1990s until 2011..........time really goes by fast. All of these years for him on air.. and poof. Gone in an instant..

You really can not bring back the hands of time.